26. Harmony ♥️

Ikhlas POV

Six months later ♥️♥️

I woke up to the faint sound of the Adhan (call for prayer) as the whistle-like sound of the breeze from my open window caresses my ears.

I tore the covers off me and slowly got out of bed. The constant Facebook notifications and text messages popping up on my phone screen.

Guess why!

it's the 24th of April (my birthday). I happily got to the bathroom, performed Ablution and prayed Subh.

As if on cue, my mother called and wished me a happy birthday. She showered her prayers on me and my family.

My stomach grumbled, reminding me of the need to stuff something into it. I took an apple from my bedroom mini fridge, took a large bite from it as I scrolled through my page and replied to each of the faces whom had wish me a happy birthday. I wasn't really bothered to get ready for work, thankfully today is Sunday which means I have all the day to my self.

Life here with Haneefah and Haneef wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, haneef had been the most caring husband, and hannefah is the most supportive person on the face of the Earth. I must say " I am blessed."

Around 10:00am, everywhere was still quiet. Meaning Haneefah and Yaya are still sleeping. I took my bath, put on Denim shorts and a Tank top, tied my hair in a neat bun and came downstairs to prepare breakfast.

The sitting room was Surprisingly very dark, the lights were switched off and someone had put down the curtains blocking every source of light.

I located the switch and put it on, only to be met with the most amazing view ever.

Helium balloons hanging from the ceiling, some glistering stuff cascading down from Allah knows where, a large banner that read " Happy Birthday Peaches" hung on the other side of the wall.

hannefah and Yaya shouted "SUPRISE!!!"

They were all putting on birthday hats, it looked funny but it was the most adorable thing I have ever seen.

I was more than touched. I smiled with tears of joy forming at the brim of my eyes. All I could do was engulf them in a hug muttering a "thank you."

Hannefah used her thumb to wipe my tears as she smiled at me " happy birthday peaches, these tears signified how happy you are and I hope only these type of tears leave your beautiful eyes" she said hugging me once again.

I turned to hannef and he was also smiling " Happy birthday peaches" he said also hugging me.

"So what next?" I asked, waiting for the Wine and dine part of birthdays.

"Let's go have breakfast" she replied, leading the way to the dining. We had Irish potato chips, plantains and eggs with tea. We had freshly baked cinnamon rolls after that.

The fact that cinnamon rolls were baked this morning and I didn't perceive the aroma is a mystery.

We watched movies till around 1:00pm and we all went to pray Zuhr. When I was thinking about laying my down to have some afternoon nap, my phone started ringing I turned to take a peek at the caller ID. Guess who?

"OMG!! Mrs. Delilah Jonathan" I squealed happily.

" Happy birthday dear" she replied.

"Thank you!" I mumbled, remembering our happy and fun moments, how much I missed her sinking in.