36. Hell 2 🔥

IKHLAS POV.

I sat by the window staring at the dark evening skies, the angry clouds looked like it was going to pour out vengeance any moment. It's been almost two months now since Yaya left for New York.

We do chat, call and FaceTime whenever he is less busy.

The cloudy sky immediately started to send down heavy droplets which hits the roof before cascading down. The rain was heavily pouring as if the skies were at war with Earth.

I wonder how Abass and Fawaz are, I miss those kids. They'll be seventeen tomorrow so I think it High time I stopped calling them kids.

I munched on the last piece of grapefruit I had and moved down to my bed. Sleeping is the sweetest part of rainy weather. I missed the sweet scent the earth gives off after the first few rains.

I laid down on my bed to sleep but after series of tossing and sighing, I picked up my phone and started going through my Instagram feeds.

I hope you noticed my new close friends now. My room, bed and phone. Sounds as a joke right? But it's not. They seem to provide me the temporary comfort my best friend took away from me so I guess I can call them friends.

After a while, the rain finally stopped and I took it a a cue to go get food. I have been eating much junks and less food lately. Y'all know why so I don't have to tell you more reasons why I have to avoid her.

Don't get me wrong. Am not avoiding her like she is a plague, am just giving her so much space to do what she feels like till it bores her.

I showered and put on a long free gown and wore my hijab, I took my bag and car keys. As I came down the stairs, I started hearing sounds of people chattering in the sitting room.

" Fati and Humaira" I muttered with a shrug. They turned this house to their playground in which they are allowed to come every single blessed day, chatter their lives out and look for every possible means to pick on me.

Their chatter finally came to a halt when I came into view and all of them replaced their expression to that of disgust. Something I was already used to.

"Where is the slut going?" Fati asked, viciously eyeing me.

" Obviously she's going to the man who impregnated her. Am sure this thing isn't my brother's" Humaira answered, pointing to my belly.

Haneefah kept mute as she stared at me in amusement.

" Don't worry whore, it's just a matter of time before you get kicked out of this house" Fati added with an annoying smirk and I shook my head out of sheer pity.

" We'll definitely see to you carrying your box on your head as you leave this house in agony" Humaira added and she earned a smile from Haneefah.

" You guys don't really know what you doing" I said to Humaira and Fati.

" I just pity your husbands. They think they have doting wives without knowing how demonic both of you can be" I spat back.

Am not really the type to keep mute when another person says ill things about me. But I do have exceptions and Ikhlas is one of them.

" So this rag even has mouth to talk after all she did" Humaira said, they were both Suprised by my sudden comeback.

"Many are mad but only few are roaming but I can see you guys are starting to roam about displaying your Madness. Am just pissed at your husbands, they forgot to put leashes on you that's why you came here barking at me" and with that final blow, I left.

I had pizza and Chapman before heading back home. On my way I kept thinking about Haneefah.

What joy does she derive In hurting me to the extent that she now calls for back up?

Is this how am supposed to keep living with her?

If this is it then am definitely not going to survive it.

What sort of situation did I put myself in?

I can't even call my parents and tell them that am hurting, I can't tell my husband that am hurting. Just me and only me.

Should I meet my mother-in-law?

No. That will result to a complete disaster.

Who in this world will be able to settle things between us without causing anymore rift. And the answer immediately popped into my head.

Ummah!!!

It has to be that woman. She is the one who would listen attentively and not make biased judgment. After all she knows everything about the both of us.

I picked up my phone and called her to confirm if she is at home and she thankfully is.  I turned the car around and headed to Ummah's house.

I met her in the sitting room and I greeted her before asking about Kaka.

" She went to Adamawa for a wedding" she replied.

" How are you and Haneefah?" She asked and my smile dropped and became a look of sadness. 

********************************
Do you think Ummah won't really be biased in this judgment?

And am I the only one that thinks Fati and Humaira are a bunch of senseless people?

Stay tuned for more updates

Author's Note ❤️

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖