16. Meeting Him💖

Ikhlas POV.

I was having a peaceful Afternoon nap when the shrill ringing of my phone ripped that peace away from me. I reluctantly picked it up with a groggy Salam.

"Hey woman!! Get ur lazy ass out of that bed am coming to pick you up in 10 minutes we need to go for shopping".
She basically screamed at me from the other side of the line. " Better be all ready before I get here woman" she added, ending the call.

Yes! Am still in Kano because Haneefah managed to blackmail me into staying one more week. Have I ever told you that she is a pro in emotional blackmailing? If not then I am now.

I lazily got out of bed, showered, prayed Zuhr and got ready in an Atamfa gown with veil and shoes to match. Didn't want to carry my purse along because am basically going for window shopping but decided to incase I come across something I like.

In exactly 9mins she arrived, briefly greeted ummah and kaka before we set out for the so-called shopping.

"Babe am fidgeting on wether to make red velvet cake or just a plain vanilla cake because am not sure which one to go on with. So what do you think" she asked trying to look at me and at the same time focus on her driving.

"Well depends on who you are baking for and what's the occasion" I answered.

"It's Yaya's birthday today and i want a quiet candle light dinner so you need to help me out".
"Okay then. At your service ma'am".

Being a couple that loves light food, we settled on Chapman and cake.

We went to a departmental store, bought everything we needed and dumped them in the car boot.

I was about opening the door to the passenger seat when I heard someone calling my name. Turning around, my eyes landed on him. He looked very familiar but I was unsure where I had met him before.

"Hi! Am Ibrahim khaleel graduated the same year as you from physiotherapy department. You taught me brachial plexus few minutes to exams during our pre - clinical times. Does it ring any bells?"

I nodded. "of course it does!" Realization dawning to me. "How are you doing?" I asked. "Am fine Alhamdulillah and you?"

"Am good." I replied.

He turned to haneefah and greeted her too before turning back to me. "So can I.... have.... yooouuurrr contact digits? because it's not proper to keep you standing by the roadside." He asked. Unable to hide the uncertainty and nervousness in his voice.

"Sure, why not?" I chuckled. "Okay then give me your phone " I gave him and he handed over his as we both type in our phone numbers.

"I shouldn't waste much of your time so I'll chat you up on WhatsApp bye Ikhlas, bye Haneefah"

We all bade him goodbye, got into the car, zoomed off to start preparing for the couple's night. We got to her house, prayed first before starting.

Around 6:00pm everything was ready, we lit the candles, then I got ready to leave when we heard the soaring sound of his car engine indicating his arrival making me nervous instantly.

Honestly I have been avoiding him so Haneefah hasn't gotten the chance to officially introduce me to him yet. So I think today is that day and I have to brace myself for it. I inhaled and exhaled loudly before she picked up the blindfold and we got out to meet him.

"Welcome home Yaya" she greeted while I kept mute with my eyes stuck to the suddenly amusing patterns formed by the perfectly arranged interlock floor.

"Yaya this is Ikhlas, you are finally meeting her today" I raised my head to meet his eyes glued on me with a glint of amusement.

"Good evening Yaya" I greeted. Good evening how are you? he asked, Regaining his posture.
"Am fine Alhamdulillah" I answered trying all my possible best not to shutter or show any hint of nervousness.

"So if you will excuse me, I need to get home and am running late have fun you two." I quickly stopped him from saying anything before I would have a nervous breakdown.

"Ok then, this home is always open to you, do come anytime okay?" He replied. Bye sweetie!! I bade her good bye and left.

Haneef POV.

"Well I have a little surprise for you so just trust me and follow my lead so you won't trip and fall" she said, covering my eyes with a blindfold. We went past the sitting room to the bedroom as she untied the blindfold.

"Yaya have a warm shower I'll be waiting for u with the clothes you'll change into." I complied even though curiosity was eating me up.

I put on the clothes after the shower, she blindfolded me again and we left the bedroom with her leading the way but holding me in place to avoid me tripping over.

We got to the middle of the sitting room before she took the blindfold off. My eyes meeting with the breathtakingly beautiful scenery all around me. I looked around, mesmerized by the dim lights the scented candles gave off and the rose petals made it look so amazing.

" Am sorry it's simple yaya, I just thought maybe you would have preferred it like this" she said, clearly uncertain if I liked it on not since I couldn't utter a word.

"This...is ....so.... amazing princess! I love it." I answered happily.

I picked her up bridal style twirling, as we both giggled. She had to tell me she was getting dizzy before I finally stopped and carefully lowered her on a chair.

She stood up, went to the kitchen and brought out a cake, with Chapman. We cut the cake, ate, decorated our faces with whipped cream, took some pictures, even danced. It is the best birthday of my life and I hope many more joyful moments will continue to come into our lives.

I helped her cleaned up, did the dishes and we kept the remaining cake in the fridge.

"So what next woman?" I asked. With that glorious smirk evident on my face. Making her flush, her cheeks becoming beet red.

I love the effects my teasing have on her. "So woman we have some business to attend to in there so lets get going" I said hoisting her over my shoulder as we left for the bedroom.
...
...
...
...
...
I kept tossing around the bed, So many thoughts filled my mind making me restless. I turned to look at my princess once again. Taking in all of her hidden beauties. She looked so fragile and exhausted, I knew her smile held alot of pain beneath, this faithful and doting woman here is my wife, I feel so blessed to have someone like her, I never knew she could love me this much.

My mind drifted to the Ikhlas I saw earlier today, she looked very beautiful, matured and calm. Am really glad she is back into Haneefah's life and I owe her for restoring the smile my wife once lost.

........................................................................

A/N pls read

Thank you very much ❤️❤️
I was able to drop another chapter of The homewrecker. I haven't been updating lately right? Sue me 🤦🤦

Don't forget to vote!
It's the little star at the bottom of your screen. Please don't just leave like that show some love for THE HOMEWRECKER and share with us your precious comments.
What do you think about this chapter, if you have an opinion you can also chirp in.

Then Following: this is very important to THE HOMEWRECKER please visit my profile from this story and tap on follow.
It wouldn't take much of your time.

Hey!! Are you just leaving like that without voting? Please do
Thank you. 💖💖💖💖