29. Trouble 💔

Haneefah POV.

We watched horror movie as usual. at this rate, I just hope she doesn't act one herself. Her love for horror movies is just too much.

After the creepy part which always gets your heart hammering against your ribcage came the scary part that always make your heart skip some beats and your stomach churn out of fear.

Yaya came back and joined us. He doesn't mind watching horror too and they both had a nice time making jest of me. We had dinner which I prepared as an excuse to stop my self from watching that horrible movie. I really can't understand the joy she derive From watching a possessed clown ripping people's throat off.

And by the end of the movie we were all exhausted and ready for bed. We all said our good nights and hurried to our various rooms.

I bathed and wore my nighty all ready to run off to Dreamland, switched off the lights before memories of today came flooding my head.

Don't you know the one with the child also has the husband?

That question kept ringing in my head like some sort of Azkhar I was obligated to memorize before the next day.

Does that mean she has an upper hand with hannef also?

No! Hannef wouldn't do that to me.

Ikhlas will also never do that to me even after my death. She is like the sister I never had and what we had between us is more than just mere friendship.

So many thoughts crossed my mind and I succeeded in brushing them off. They will never do such to me and I wouldn't allow my mother in-law's words get into my head.

I heave an exasperated sigh before dragging my covers, said my Azkhar and slept off.

__________________________________

I was in the kitchen cooking lunch, I was profusely sweating and all my muscles ached, indicating that I was very tired.

Hannefah ! I heard her call my name which Surprisingly annoyed me. I went back to the sitting room to meet it littered for the sixth time that day with Ikhlas comfortably sitting on the chair, a bag of Doritos in her hands as she happily munched on it.

"Sweep this sitting room it's irritating me" she instructed, scrunching her nose in the process.

I heave a sigh and reluctantly picked up the broom and started sweeping. I was halfway done when a strong smell hit my nose.

"I think that food is burning, don't expect me to eat out of it so make me another one. I just hope you don't burn down this house in the process" she said nonchalantly.

I dashed into the kitchen and put off the gas, crouched down and started crying. I was tired of everything, I just felt disgusted by everything and every being in this house.

Ya Allah ease my pain I prayed.

He came back with a Salam and I happily ran out to welcome him, that only person that cheers me up when I feel like the world is crumbling upon me.

Immediately his eyes fell upon me, his happy smile changed to a look of hatred and disgust.

"You burnt food didn't you?" He asked, his voice laced with so much anger and his eyes held nothing but spite.

He moved closer to me and the next I heard was a sound as his palms collided with my face.

I gave him a horrified look, the side of my face stung while Ikhlas gave me a triumphant smirk.