Chapter 6

Two weeks had passed since Taimur got back from his tour. And Eva didn't get a chance to interact with him after the first day since she met. It was as if she never existed for him. He ignored her completely and never called her into his office. Whatever work she was given was assigned by Mustafa. Mustafa was like the head of all four secretaries of Taimur. Taimur mostly called him in his office.

She was typing a letter on her system which Mustafa had assigned her. When the intercom on Mustafa's desk buzzed. He was nowhere to be found and the other two secretaries were busy on their system. She stood up unwilling and made her way towards his desk. The moment she picked and placed the receiver on her ear she heard Taimur's voice, "I asked you for the file on the deal with the Shalaan group". Eva sensed the anger in his voice before she could reply to him the receiver from the other side was slammed on the set.

She took a deep breath and rushed towards his office, she had to tell him that Mustafa was not at his desk. She knocked on the door and entered his cabin. He was seated behind the grand oak desk. He looked at her with a dislike in his eyes and just raised his brows, questioning about her presence in his office.

" Mhmm, Mustafa is not on his desk". He looked at her as if he had a doubt about her mental state.

" And what exactly are you doing here?" he gave words to his disdain. Eva felt a sting of humiliation. "This son of a bitch, what does he think of himself"? She thought, trying to suppress her anger.

He was staring at her waiting for her reply. "As I just told you, Mustafa is not on his desk. And when the intercom buzzed it was I who picked the receiver and before I could inform you about his absence, you disconnected. So I came here to tell you, otherwise you might think Mustafa didn't obey your orders". She replied to him trying to keep her tone as normal as possible but she realized it was nearly impossible to stay calm when you are being humiliated without even a mistake.

"You heard didn't you what I was asking for, right?" He asked her raising his right brow to form an arch.

"Yes, I did". Eva realized her mistake and was embarrassed once again. What the hell was happening with her, how could she be so dumb, she could have looked for the file on Mustafa's desk or would have asked the concerned department. This man was making her act in such foolish ways, she never dreamt of. Why the hell was she intimidated by him to such extent that she can't even do such a simple thing? " You fucking idiot" she scolded herself.

"Did you just say anything, Ms. Smith?" He asked looking at her face carefully.

Did he had mind reading powers? Eva thought she was going to go mad.

"I am extremely sorry Sir, I will be back with the file in a minute". She rushed out of his office as if he would swallow her alive.

She saw Mustafa chatting with one of the secretaries from the HR department. She charged towards him, " Where the hell were you?" She asked him annoyed.

"Why what happened?" He asked her surprised, "You don't look okay to me?" Her face looked flushed.

"How can anyone be okay in this office? His Highness making everyone's life a living hell?" She complained and sat on her seat nearly falling. "Give me the file on Al Shalaan deal," She told him still looking annoyed.

"Ohh my God!!!!" Mustafa exclaimed, " How the hell did I forget that" He rushed towards his desk and started looking for the file after a few seconds he found it below some papers. He passed her the file and pleaded for forgiveness. Mustafa realized Taimur must have used Eva as a punching bag to take out the anger he had on him.

Eva sighed and headed towards the Devil's office. She knocked and entered. This time Taimur didn't even care to look at her, he was busy with his laptop. She took small steps around his desk and stood next to his chair. As she was placing the file on his desk her arm brushed with his fingers by mistake, the contact just lasted for a few milliseconds but she noticed a rise in her heartbeat. She again scolded herself on being such naive, she was nowhere near to getting close to him. In the last two months, she just had spoken twice with Taimur. And with this speed, it might take her years to gain his trust.

Eva knew she won't get any chance soon to interact with him. So she decided to make the most of this moment. She cleared her throat and spoke, " I wanted to apologize to you for my mistakes, I don't know why I am acting like this. I am a professional and my former employer's never had any complaint's with my work." Taimur lifted his gaze and stared at her with an interest in his eyes.

"You mean, you are confident enough to make my coffee as I like it?" He asked her with amusement in his eyes. Eva was startled with his reply. She was looking at him like an idiot. "Hurry Ms. Smith I don't like waiting. Bring me the damn coffee". He said grinding his teeth in anger.

Eva nearly ran to the pantry and started brewing coffee. He drank Arabic coffee, Black and without sugar. Bitter as himself, she thought. It took her a few minutes to brew the coffee, she hurried towards his office with the coffee mug. She placed the coffee mug near his laptop and was about to leave when he said.

" I drink coffee every two hours Ms. Smith. I hope I won't need to remind you again in the future". No matter how much mad she was at him she smiled and bowed her head in agreement. Taimur was staring at her face very carefully and Eva imagined as if he smiled.

💖🔥💖🔥💖🔥💖🔥💖

Please vote and comment readers, if you like the chapter. It helps in improving the rating of the book.

💖🔥💖🔥💖🔥💖🔥💖