Chapter 24

Taimur just came home from a business dinner. The whole penthouse was dark and there was pin-drop silence. Eva must have been asleep, otherwise, she would wait for him in the lounge.

      He headed straight towards the bedroom, only a night lamp was on in the room. Eva was fast asleep on the bed. He halted at the side of the bed where she was sleeping. He looked at her in the light of the lamp, she looked so pure and innocent.

      He was staring at her when he saw her face contort and then her body started jerking, Taimur realized it was one of those nightmares she had been having since the day she spent in the woods.

       "Robb!!!!! No!!!!!!! Please come back!!!!!!", Eva was screaming in her sleep.

     "Please Robb, Don't Leave me!!!!!!" She cried again.

      Taimur felt a pang of jealousy for Robb he had been dead for more than 5 yrs, and here she was the woman Taimur had loved dreaming about him. "That's one lucky bastard", he thought.

     Eva had told him about Robb and why she had joined the secret service, the first time she woke up from the nightmare. The night he had brought her back from woods.
It had almost been a month since they return from the ranch.

      Eva had wanted to go to her apartment, but he had already asked Haris to bring her stuff over to his penthouse. The farms where a different thing, he couldn't leave her free in the capital. All she would need to do was walk into her country's embassy and they would send her back home.

       And Taimur didn't want to lose her. He knew she didn't love him, she had faked everything but still, he wanted to keep her. He couldn't imagine to let her go. He wanted her, she was the only one who could satiate him. It didn't matter if she didn't love him the sexual chemistry between them could not be denied.

       The time they spent together was filled with passion. They couldn't keep their hands off each other. It was not the same as it was in the farmhouse because Taimur had business to attend to. But their nights were filled with passion.

          He didn't trust her anymore. Eva was not allowed to leave the penthouse alone. She was not allowed access to a telephone. Taimur had confiscated both her cellphones. She was only allowed to call her parents and that too in the presence of Taimur.

       Eva had protested against these restrictions but it was of no use. He was not in a mood to listen to anything regarding this matter. He made sure to take her out in the evenings, sometimes to movies, dinner or shopping.

        On the weekend they would spend the day making love and in the evening they would hit it out with Riyadh, Ayesha, Laila, and Haris. He made sure she spent time with the girls as to not feel lonely.

          " Robb!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!", Eva jerked up from sleep screaming.

        He took her in his arms and tried to calm her. Eva was still screaming and tears were rolling down her cheeks and were getting absorbed in his shirt.

      "Shhhhhh, it's okk. It's okk, I am here, everything is fine", He tried to soothe her.

     Eva lifted her head and looked in his eyes, and then she started crying again.

     " Help me", Eva whispered to him.

    "Yes baby, we will get you help don't worry everything will be fine", He said pressing Eva close to his chest.

      These nightmares were getting nasty each passing day. He had to do something about them. He thought of taking her to a therapist. The day Eva had spent in the woods lonely dreading what was going to happen, had triggered something hidden in her mind from her past.