Chapter 11

It was lunchtime and she was busy with some work Taimur had given her. He had warned her to complete it by lunchtime. He had to give a presentation at the board meeting on it. She was so immersed in the work that she didn't even notice when Taimur opened his cabin door and peeped outside. He looked at her for a few seconds who was busy typing on the keyboard. His three male secretaries were out in the food court for lunch and she was busy at work. So much that she didn't even bother to have lunch. He felt pity for her and went back inside careful enough not to make any noise.

She completed the work just when the lunch break was about to finish. She assembled the documents and arranged them in the file. Then she left her seat and walked towards his office. She knocked on the door but she didn't receive any answer. She came back to her desk and buzzed on the intercom but he didn't reply. She waited for a few minutes and again knocked on his office door. This time also it was not answered. This was the first time he hasn't answered to knock or didn't replied on the intercom. She got worried about him. He had looked exhausted in the last few days. Was he ill did something happened to him? She started imagining all worse scenario in her mind.

In a panic, she went into his office, but he was not on his seat. Her concern grew, she then ran towards the other door in his office. She pushed the door and it flew open wide as it was not locked, she entered the room it was a small sitting room, dimly lit with a television mounted on a wall and a couch kept opposite to it. There was an arch on the opposite wall she took quick steps towards it. It opened into a corridor where two doors were present. She pushed the door on the left and entered inside. It was a bedroom with a king-size bed and a closet. It had an attached bath to it. She marveled at it. So it was here he used to sleep when he worked late. There was a photograph on the side table of the bed. She picked up the photo frame and looked at the picture.

It must have been a recent family photograph of the Al Jahaan clan. Among all the people present in it Taimur looked most handsome and ruthless even in this pic. She was smiling at his photograph wondering where he was. She sensed movement behind her, but before she could turn and look who was there she was surrounded by two arms as he pulled her close to her.

Eva tried to get out of his arms but he strengthened his grip around her. He then lowered his face and smelled her hair. Eva was still struggling to get out of his embrace but he was not in a mood of paying any attention to her resistance.

"Ya separate," he said in Arabic. Caressing her cheeks with his lips. His fingers were circling on the bare skin of her arms. Then he kissed the back of her neck. His touch burned through her skin and traveled through her body like a wave of current. The only thing Eva remembered was the sensation of his touch on her skin. She gave up all the resistance and rested the back of her head on his chest. Eva didn't realize how much time had passed, he was still caressing her arms and neck, she had surrendered herself completely to his desire. When suddenly his cell phone started ringing.

"Fuck". He swore and remove the cell from the pocket of his robe. His actions gave time to Eva, to move away from him as his grip loosened on her. But he prevented her from leaving the room by snatching her arm. He snapped a few words in Arabic to the caller and disconnected.

"We need to talk," he told her as he pulled her towards the bed and sat beside her.

"I don't think, there is anything to talk". She replied to him in the same manner.

"I want to know why you are doing this to us, Eva?". He asked in his husky voice, her name felt like a caress on her whole body after coming from his mouth.

"There is no us, Mr. Taimur. There is you and then there is me." She snapped back at him.

"And I am trying to change this me and you into us. And I can't understand why you are resisting". He pulled her towards himself.

"You are a Prince, maybe future King. I am just a commoner. We don't have any future together, your Royal council will never accept a King with a foreigner wife". She said trying to stop her tears coming out of her eyes.

"Ya Qalabi, I don't give a damn about being a King. I don't want to live a life in which you are not there". He sat on the floor in front of her and put his head in her lap. "My angel, I am incomplete without you. Will you please give me a chance to prove myself to you". He said overflowing with emotions.

Eva's tears were rolling down her cheeks and were falling on his head. They were getting absorbed in his headscarf. She was hating herself for lying and deceiving him. No matter what kind of person he was, how many crimes he would have committed. But the emotions he felt for her were pure. He was neither lying nor deceiving her.

When one of her tears fell on his cheek, he raised her head and looked towards her startled. " Ya Qalabi, you are weeping. Why what is the reason behind your tears?". He was asking her. His facial expressions showed how disturbed he was on seeing her weep.

"I can't, you don't deserve a woman like me. I am sorry". She said holding his face in her hands. She traced his features with her fingers. Trying to capture his handsome face on the canvas of her imagination. Then she lowered her head and rested her forehead on his forehead. The tip of their noses touching each other.

"I wish I could describe the emotion I feel for you. I wish I could measure my feelings for you on a scale. But I can't and I can't be with you". She was speaking still holding his face in her hands and resting her face on his.

"Please trust me, ya Habibi, just once, just this single time. I promise I will make everything right". He was still hell-bent on making her believe him.

Eva knew if he would ever be able to find out her true identity, he will hate her for what she was doing to him. He might even kill her for the betrayal. She couldn't reject him again. She didn't find the strength in her. She just prayed that there was no link between RRH and Taimur. Otherwise, she would be obliged to hand over the evidence to Interpol.

" I promise I will never hurt you ever again, just trust me this one last time". He pleaded again.

Eva just nodded in agreement and this small gesture of her transferred him to cloud nine. He hugged her again and stood up, holding her in his arms. "Come we will have lunch together. I know you didn't have lunch today. Dreading if you didn't complete the work I will humiliate you again". He entered the kitchen situated opposite the bedroom. There was a wok on low flame kept on the stove. He turned it off and started arranging plates on the kitchen counter for both of them. He had seated her on of the chair. She sat there rubbing her nose which had turned red due to weeping.

He had made spaghetti with meatballs. He served an equal portion in both the plates and started feeding her with a fork in his hands. Eva didn't resist and kept eating. He was eating himself and feeding her, at the same time he was narrating her incidents from his childhood just for the sake of cheering her up.

She finished all her portion and was helping him clear the counter and wash the dishes when Ahmed entered the kitchen. "The board members are here. They are waiting for you in the board room". Ahmed informed him. Taimur dismissed him with a curt nod. Eva noticed the expression of surprise in Ahmed's eyes after finding her here.

"You don't need to worry about anything. Let me handle this my way". He told her. Eva just took a deep breath and gave him a reassuring smile.

Taimur then left his office and headed towards the board room and Eva went back to her desk.