0

"Mumma!" She exclaimed, lovingly as she hugged her mother. "Did you check the mail?"

Her mother let out an amused laugh. "Aha, I thought you would give your mother a good morning for the first time and I was surprised! Turns out you want to know if you got the mail or not!" Her mother said.

Her daughter frowned. "Mom, you know I love you! Do I need to say good morning? Besides, it's an extremely important mail and you know that!" She argued.

Her mother raised her hands in surrender. "Okay, okay, my pyaari (lovely) daughter! And, I got your mail for you already," she said, with a wink as she handed the envelope to Radhika.
"Fast! Open it!" Her mother said, just as excited as Radhika.

Radhika nodded and literally tore open the envelope. She pulled out a letter and began reading. "Dear Radhika Sharma, thank you for auditioning for our movie. We are happy to say that...you are selected?!" Radhika exclaimed, looking up at her mom with surprise.

"Ha! I knew it!" Her mother said, pulling her daughter into a hug. "I knew you'd get it!"

"What is going on here?" Radhika's father walked in, throwing his hands up. "Mother and daughter plotting against me?"

"No, baba!" Radhika said, pulling away from her mom's hug. "Look!" She said, showing the letter. "I got selected!"

"Wow!" Her father said, ruffling. "That's amazing, my princess!"

"Again I'm forgotten," her mother huffed as Radhika and her father hugged.

Radhika laughed as she pulled her mother into a group hug.

I can't wait...

But she didn't see who she was paired against. Who the hero was.

{ ~ }

He lazily got out of his bed. Brushing his teeth and raking his fingers through a curly mop of hair, he looked for the mail. There sat an envelope with Krish Agarwal printed on. He opened it up and read the letter.

Dear Krish Agarwal,
Thank you for auditioning for our movie. We are happy to say you are selected.
You will be playing the lead, Raghav, and will be paired against Radhika Sharma, who will be playing Tara.
We are looking forward to work with you. For more details, contact our email.

Krish gave a laugh. "I knew I would get it." Then he looked back at the words Radhika Sharma. "Could it be...?" he wondered. "No. There are lots of girls named Radhika Sharma. It doesn't have to be her..."

He shrugged it off. Why did it matter to him?

A few hours later, he met Amara, his current girlfriend. But not for long.

"Look, Anaya—" Krish began.

"It's Amara!" She said angrily. "I've been with you for so long and you don't even know my name?!"

Overactor, Krish thought. They'd only been together for a month and besides he had his eyes on another. "Look, Amara," he began. "This month with you has been great but it really hasn't been working out for me, you know?"

"What?" The girl asked, shocked.

"I mean, it's not me, it's you." He shrugged, brushing a few strands of hair of his face. "And you're also quite annoying and I don't want to do this."

"Fine then!" The girl huffed. "I was expecting it anyways! I mean, Krish Agarwal with a girl for more than a month?! It's breaking news!" She exclaimed angrily before leaving him.

Krish called his brother, Advitya. "Hey."

"Hey, Krish. Kya hua? (What happened?) Everything good?" Advitya asked.

"Haan, everything's good. Remember that movie I auditioned for?"

"Yes."

"I got selected," Krish said.

"That's amazing!" Advitya's voice exclaimed over the phone.

"Thanks, Dau."

"And Krish?" Advitya continued. "Don't find yourself a new girlfriend there."

"Wha–?"

"I mean, you find a girl's heart to break in every movie you do," Advitya said. "I just want to you to stay away from them this time."

"Haan, okay." Krish rolled his eyes. "Besides, I have a girlfriend."

"Okay, okay, now bye! I've got to go to meet Revati," Advitya replied.

"Ohhh, going to meet bhabhi? (Sister-in-law?) Aha, I see," Krish teased his brother.

"Chup! (Quiet!) She hasn't even become my wife and you are already calling her bhabhi!" Advitya complained.

"Okay, go meet your wife, I'll hang up," Krish said.

"Krish!"