5

"Chai?" Krish asked.

"Kya?" Radhika looked up at him suddenly. They were currently in a beach for shooting. She was looking at the waves, watching their rhythm as they struck against the sand.

"I asked if you wanted chai," Krish repeated, gesturing to the mug he was holding.

"You still haven't gotten over your love for chai?" Radhika asked.

Even when they were friends, which was about six years ago, Krish loved chai with all his heart. Any party they went to, he would choose to drink what? Chai. What would he drink in the morning? Chai. At night? Chai. All day, he drank chai and water. Not once has he touched coffee.

"How can I?" Krish bought to mug up to his lips and kissed it. "Chai is my one true love."

"Other than all the millions of girls you date?" Radhika blurted out before realizing what she said. She quickly slapped her hand against her mouth, her eyes widening.

Radhika knew she hit a nerve because Krish's smile faded away. He cleared his throat. "I...yeah, other than the millions of girls I date."

Radhika looked away as an awkward silence reigned over them. She didn't admit it but she had been having fun since they became frenemies. Sometimes, Radhika felt as though the Krish she saw all this while was fake and there was someone else, wearing a facade. But as soon as the thought would cross her mind, Krish would do or say something that made her confirm the fact that he was still the same.

"Chai?" Krish asked again.

"Erm, no thanks. I prefer coffee," she replied.

Krish rolled his eyes. "You're missing out on all the good things in life. Like chai," he said, as if Radhika didn't understand what he said at first.

"Oh really? What else do you think I'm missing out on?" Radhika rolled her eyes. Him and his chai...

"Well, for one, friends."

"I have friends!" She scoffed.

"Really? I've only seen you hangout with Revati. Even when we were younger, I was your only friend," Krish said with a laugh.

"That is so not true!" Radhika exclaimed, folding her arms. "Whatever. Next?"

"Two, a love life," Krish continued before Radhika stopped him.

"I don't need a man," she said.

"Well, try it. You might like dating someone." Krish shrugged. "How can you hate something unless you try it?" He saw the look on her face and straightened up. "Okay, tell me you haven't loved anyone."

"I...I did love someone, but...things didn't exactly work out," Radhika said and looked away so Krish wouldn't see the sadness that casted over her face.

"How long ago?"

"Maybe six years ago..?" She trailed off. "It doesn't matter at this point."

"Don't tell me you haven't loved anyone in the past six years!" Radhika shook her head. "Alright," began Krish. "Didn't anyone catch your eye? Make your heart flutter at least a little bit?"

"Not as much as he did," she replied and looked down at her feet.

Krish laughed and leaned against Radhika's shoulder. "How do I not know this guy that Radha was so head over heels for? I've stuck with you for so long!"

"Well, you're not as smart as you think," she replied, pushing him away.

"Hmm, I would contradict that statement but that would pull us into a long argument and my chai would become cold. So let me drink it first," he said as he pulled up the mug to his lips and drank his oh-so-beloved chai.