2

Krish woke up. He groaned while attempting to switch off his phone to stop the annoying sound, planning to sleep in till eleven when he realized with a start that today was when he would start shooting.

He immediately got up and hurried into the bathroom to brush his teeth then shower. He ran a hand through his messy curls, trying to brush it. With no luck, he gave up and decided he'd have to go without breakfast. He scurried down his apartment and got into his car, a black Kia, and started the ignition.

His phone chimed with a text:
'You are picking me up today, right, honey?'
~Tanya

Krish slightly cringed at the honey as he cursed himself. He'd totally forgotten that he needed to drop Tanya at her office, who was, by the way, his current girlfriend. But he decided picking her up could get delayed by a bit. He went into the drive-through of his favorite cafe.

"Ek masala chai," he said, handing a five rupee note.

The worker gave a smile, he knew Krish would come to their cafe at least once in a day for he loved chai, perhaps more than anyone else. The  worker gave back two rupees and handed him a large cup of masala chai.

Krish sipped the hot tea as he drove to Tanya's apartment. "Get in, Tanu," he said, hurriedly.

Tanya smiled, clutching her bag and opened the car door. She got in. "How do I look, Krish?" She asked.

"Yeah, pretty," Krish muttered mindlessly as he  started the ignition again, thinking of ways to quickly drop Tanya.

"Krish!" Tanya exclaimed irritatedly. "Look at me!"

Krish rolled his eyes. "Look, Tanya, it's my first day of shoot today and I'm already late. I don't have time to compliment your looks. We can just do that when we go out on a date or something, okay?" He snapped.

"Fine then!" Tanya huffed. She pulled out her phone and began to scroll through it.

The rest of the ride was quiet. Krish didn't wish to make any small talk and Tanya wasn't interested either.

"Bye Krish," she said, plopping her phone into her bag, glancing at him.

"Bye."

He drove as fast as he could to the studio where the shooting was taking place. He walked out and ran into the producer.

"Krish!" Saurabh, the producer, exclaimed. "Finally tum aagaya. I thought you wouldn't come."

"Sorry, Saurabh-ji," Krish apologized profusely. "Thoda late hogaya."

"No problem, at least you're here," Saurabh said. "Alright, um." He looked around and called for two or three people. They arrive immediately. "This is your crew, Krish." He introduced then motioned to the crew. "Take him to his room."

The group escorted Krish to his makeup room, hushing excitedly between themselves.

"Kya hua?" Krish asked, wanting to know what they were so excited and enthralled about.

"Umm.." a girl with curly black hair and glasses stuttered. "Woh...you're such a big star, Krish, so um..we are very excited to work with you."

The other two people nodded.

"Oh...dhanyavaad!" Krish said and smiled at his crew. "I'm looking forward to working with you all too."

"Alright, Krish bhaiya—I mean, Krish...you can sit down. Sorry I said bhaiya..." the girl added.

"No, it's completely okay with me if you call me bhaiya."

"Theek hai!" The girl smiled. "By the way, I'm Niranjana, the other two are Siddharth and Maham."