17

"I should not have done that," Krish mumbled, rubbing his forehead in frustration.

It had been hours since he had left the bouquet of lotuses at Radhika's house. He had no idea as to what her reaction was after seeing them.

And Krish most certainly did not have the courage to see her again.

Was he a coward?
Yes, yes he was.

But he will definitely not be able to muster the courage to even look at her in the eye.

As he went to his home, he thought about what he did. He wondered if he did the right thing, if he should not have done that.

What will happen next?

Nobody knows that.
He just had to wait and watch.

He remembered that one time Radhika called her. He knew that Dau must have given his number to her.

But Krish did not know why he didn't call her again.

Was she afraid just like I am?

He walked up to his home, pushed the key in and plopped himself on his bed. He was extremely tired, but not tired enough to sleep. His phone chimed with a notification.
Krish slowly opened his eyes and took his phone to see what it was.

A message from Radhika.

His heart began to pick up its pace, the way it usually did whenever anything about Radhika came to his notice.

He gulped nervously as his fingers clicked on the notification, opening up to Radhika's message.

'Krish...was it you?' was the question she placed before him, a picture of the bouquet of lotuses he sent her in her hands.

So she got it, Krish confirmed.

He did not know what she thought after seeing them, he did not know what her thought process was at the moment.

He only knew that she had managed to make his heart flutter and his cheeks blush with merely a picture and a text.

Oh, Radhe...

He did not have the courage to answer it. How could he shamelessly reply to her message after he left her?

She was online, too. She probably knew that he saw the message and will leave her on seen.

Why, after everything, did he still have her name saved as Radhe?

Why had he not deleted her number?

Why could he not forget her?

That was the reason he left her. To stop himself before he fell in love with her.

But, he realised all too late, that he had always been in love with her.

And now...?

Now he'll never be able to stop himself.

{ ~ }

The next morning, the day after her birthday, Radhika spent her time looking at the double blue ticks below her message to Krish.

"He saw it," she kept mumbling. "But he did not care enough to reply."

Radhika knew what she was doing was wrong. She had a boyfriend, and Harsh loved her.

But here she was, moping about Krish.

Will she ever be able to forget him? Forget her love for him? Could she move on, and truly accept Harsh's love?