15

She had groggily pulled herself to her bedroom, her eyes threatening to well up. She took one last look at Krish before she fell asleep and her refused to even see her. For some reason, it felt as if this was the end.

The end to their friendship.
The end to her love for him.

Her eyes closed as her head hit her pillow and she drifted into a deep sleep.

{ ~ }

That morning when she woke up, he was nowhere to be seen. Radhika couldn't believe it. It seemed as if he had left after she slept. The door was unlocked, and Krish, himself, wasn't there.

She searched. For what? For anything.
Some part of her heart hoped that he would have left something behind at the very least. But, nothing was there.

He hadn't even left a note as to what he did and where he went.

It hurt Radhika.
It hurt her much more than she would tell. A sudden ache in her heart made her want to lie down and cry. Just cry.

Heartbreak was truly saddening.

She had rolled her eyes at the dramatic sitcoms in which a girl would go through a breakup and cry for maybe fourteen episodes—sometimes even more. Radhika would snort at the show and deny any chance of it happening in reality.

But now? She hadn't even gone through a breakup.

They were never a "thing," they never dated.
She didn't even know if he ever felt at least something for her in his heart. And now she might never know if he did.

Because he left.
Left her alone.
Left her heart broken.

Radhika slumped down a couch as a solitary tear slid down her cheek. Her eyes started at nothing as he flashed before her in her mind.

Krish, she muttered.

Then everything went black.

{ ~ }

Krish didn't know where he was going. He just knew that he had to leave.
Before he hurt her.
And before he hurt himself.

That night will be one that he won't be able to forget. He wished he could—but he knew that it would be burned in his mind forever.

Maybe one day he will regret his decision.
But for now, he did what his heart told him to do.
Maybe he was wrong. Maybe he...broke her heart forever.

But did you not love her? a voice seemed to protest.

He tried to shrug off those feelings. He never wanted to feel that way again. He did not want to end up like his mother.

Was he selfish?
Perhaps.

For some reason, a part of him yearned to see Radhika.
To see...his Radha.

But Krish knew that there was no going back now. He glanced at his watch. It read 9:32. She must have woken up by now, he thought, as if it would make him feel better.

He remembered the events of the night before vividly. Everything seemed to take place before his eyes whenever he would close it.

Radhika confessing. His worst fears coming true.
Her heading to sleep. And him leaving.

Oh, how he wished it was a dream. How he wished that she had not told him her feelings. How he wished that night was never there.

But you can't change the past.
And you can't change what you've done.

So even if he regretted his decision, there's no way to change it.

{ ~ }

Her eyes were bloodshot. Her cheeks were stained with tears. Radhika couldn't help but feel as if this was all her fault.

I should have never told him, she thought.

But a part of her wondered why he left. Did the thought of her loving him disgust Krish to such an extent that he had no choice but to leave?

Or did he...not want to love anyone?
If so, then why?

Radhika glanced at her phone nearby. She picked it up and stopped at the familiar digits that were the number for Krish's phone. She hesitantly pressed it and it began to dial.

She imagined him picking it up and quickly cut the call. She was afraid, and she knew it. She did not want to confront him.

But at the same time...she wanted to see him.

Radhika could not handle the two parts of her which were at war with each other. She just wanted to be at peace. She wanted to travel back in time, to where Krish and Radhika were both just friends.

She pressed her lips together then dialed Krish' number yet again. Holding the phone to her ear, she anticipated if he would pick up her call.

On the other end, Krish saw her call. His phone lit up with Radhe 💕 flashing across the screen. His fingers hovered over his phone, his heart telling him to pick it up while his mind screamed a negative answer.

His heart faced defeat as he slid the red button across the screen, cutting the call. He let out a sigh—whether it was of relief or sadness, he did not know.

Radhika's eyes scanned the call declined text that was displayed on the phone. "He...cut the call," she whispered to herself.

She knew what it meant. He doesn't want to talk to me.
He doesn't want anything that has to do with me.

She sighed.
That feeling was back again. That nagging voice was back in her mind. It seemed to scream that it was her fault over and over again, as if it was some sort of mantra.

"Your fault. It's your fault."

Radhika seemed to start believing that voice. It was as if that voice, and that feeling, were influencing her changing her thoughts.

"It's my fault," she muttered, as yet another tear fell down.

{ ~ }

Hello there!
So, this was a slightly short chapter but I hope y'all enjoyed it, nevertheless.

How was this chapter?

And see you in the next oneee!
Until then, byeeee~