✨4✨

"Is it really happening, Krish?" Radhika asked, her hands trembling as she glanced at him.

"I can't believe it either," he replied. "After so many ups and downs..." His fingers intertwined with hers, as she blushed.

"...we're finally getting married."

A small wedding was to be held with Radhika and Krish, with only their close relatives and friends invited. She ran her fingers over the invitation.

"It's beautiful," she whispered. "It's so beautiful that it seems unreal. Are we actually getting married?"

"Why?" He said, in a joking tone. "Do you not want to get married to me?"

She frowned and slapped his arm playfully. "No, Krish. It's just....I've thought about our wedding for so long and...it-it's finally happening. This seems so ethereal...so magical."

He nodded. His hand cupped her cheek as he leaned his forehead against hers. "I know. We'll finally be husband and wife."

She smiled. "I can't wait."

"Neither can I."

{ ~ }

"Radhika, listen," Krish began. "I will smear haldi on your face before anyone else."

"Krish! We aren't supposed to do that, you know," she said pointedly.

"Hmm, then tell me," he said, resting his head on his shoulder. "When have we ever followed the rules?"

She sighed in defeat, knowing that she'll have to agree with what the stubborn Krish Agarwal says. "Theek hai, fine."

When the day of their haldi ceremony came, Krish's bhabhi, Dau's wife, and Radhika's friend Revati stood in front of the wife-to-be sternly.

"Wha-why are you doing this, Revati?" she asked.

Revati placed her hands on her hips then looked at Radhika, the stern look still on her face. "I'm guarding you," she said.

"Why?" Radhika asked. "There's no reason for you to guard me."

"No, no, no, no!" Revati exclaimed. "I know Krish very well. And I know that he'll try to sneak into your room, and attempt to apply haldi on your face. And that won't happen as long as I'm here!"

"He won't sneak inside my room, Revati," Radhika said, her ears turning pink for she knew very well that Krish would do exactly that.

"No, Radhi, I know my brother-in-law's ways of tricking people," Revati insisted. "He'll do anything just to catch a glimpse of his wife."

Radhika blushed. For some reason, she felt jittery, slightly confused and would get flustered if anyone mentioned that she was going to be Krish's wife or that he would be her husband.

Was this how everyone felt before their wedding?

"Accha...Revati?"

"Hmm?"

"When is the haldi ceremony starting?" Radhika asked.

"I don't know," Revati replied. "Maybe in another hour or so."

"I'm hungry. Can you get me something to eat?" Radhika then added, "Please? My stomach is grumbling."

Revati looked at Radhika's wide brown eyes and sighed. "Okay fine, I'll get some food for you. Stay here, okay?"

Radhika nodded, looking as if she would not dare to do anything else. She held her breath as Revati walked out, then quickly picked up her phone and called Krish.