14

Rubbing her eyes, Radhika woke up from her slumber. Her hands stretched as she let out a long yawn, starting the day in the way she always does. She looked around to see a snoring Krish with his head on a throw pillow and she realized that they both had fallen asleep in the living room of Radhika's apartment.

She cursed herself and looked at the time. 10:30 the clock read. Thankfully, she had no shooting today, and she was pretty sure that Krish didn't have to either. As she pulled herself out of the couch, she yawned yet again.

Radhika gently slapped Krish's arm. "Wake up," she mumbled in her dazed voice.

He was clearly awake, but felt the need to sleep for some more time. He flashed in front of her a middle finger, making Radhika furrow her eyebrows at him and pinch his ear.

"Wake up, Krishhh!" She exclaimed firmly.

Krish woke up with a yell. "Kya, kya?" He yelled, as she twisted his ear a little bit. "Why are you beating me up this early in the morning?" He asked, frowning at her.

"Me? Beating you up?"

"Then what is this?" He asked, pointed to her hand—which still had its grip on Krish's ear. "Is this you being my affectionate maa?"

"You showed me your middle finger!" Radhika shot back, and tightened her fingers on his ear, causing him to yelp.

"Yeh abuse hai!" Krish said, with a dramatic–and obviously fake–sob at the end. "Koi mujhe bachao, she is beating me!"

Radhika pulled her hand back to herself, shaking her head at him. "I wonder how you haven't gotten an Oscar award for your acting. Kitni drama!"

"I know!" He agreed. "I wonder why I haven't gotten an Oscar too," he mumbled, as if this was the greatest mystery in the world.

Radhika laughed and threw a pillow at him, then getting up to brush her teeth.

{ ~ }

The morning passed by with both of them drinking coffee—on Radhika's demand—and eating some noodles that she made for both of them.

"How is it?" Radhika asked, giddily.

"How is what?" Krish mumbled, slightly confused.

"The noodles!" She said, pointing her fork to the direction of his plate.

"Hm..." He thought. "It's nice, I guess," he replied.

"Nice?" Radhika mumbled, as she raised an eyebrow at him, her voice filled with disbelief. "Only nice?"

"Aur kya?" Krish questioned, as he shrugged in a nonchalant way. "This isn't that complicated of a recipe. You just made Maggi!"

"It's a big deal!" She insisted, shaking her head. "How dare you, Krishn? This is the best thing I've ever made."

Krish laughed and shrugged yet again. "If you say so."

"I do say so."

They carried out their day together, stuck inside Radhika's apartment because of the continuous rain. It showered its waters upon Mumbai heavily, creating cold breezes everywhere.

Krish couldn't leave because of these rains. But he knew deep inside that he didn't want the rains to stop, he didn't want to leave Radhika.

This change confused him to an unexplainable extent.
He wished to spend his time with her, and his heart seemed to increase its pace every time she said his name. When her fingers touched his, the touch would send sparks up throughout his body.