19

"Krish!" She yelled, coming after him.

As soon as the director had left, Krish knew that there were two ways Radhika would react: 1) she smiled happily and hugs him, they rejoice together and everything ends happily.

Or, 2) she comes after him, yells her head off and refuses to then talk to him for an entire lifetime.

As much as he wanted option number one to be true, it seemed to be a wish made in vain, for here he was, pacing away from Radhika.

"Krish! Wait!" She shouted. She picked up her pace and managed to stop him.

Krish cursed his horrible running skills in his mind. "Radhika..." he mumbled softly. Then he did jazz hands. "Hello?"

She frowned at him. "Do you think this is funny? Something you can make a joke out of? Because it isn't, Krishn!"

She called me Krishn again, his subconscious mind noted.

"You," She began then stopped to take a deep breath. "You left me. All alone. Did you have any idea about how I would feel? Before you selfishly left me after I confessed my love for you?"

The smile melted off his face. He used humor as a defense mechanism. Whenever you feel sad, crack a joke! It will help you feel better, right?

But he didn't feel like laughing cheerfully now.

"I always loved you, but you were never there for me."

Those words were the exact ones uttered by someone else, years ago.

It felt as if Krish was a little kid again, watching his loved one's life fall apart before him.

"You never loved me? Not even a bit?" His mind was racing, bringing back painful memories from his past.

"I thought you felt something for me," Radhika continued. "But I guess I was wrong. Again."

"I trusted you, I gave you another chance. But I made a mistake by doing that. You will never correct what you did."

"When we were younger? I had a crush on you, but you always had eyes for someone else," she mumbled, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

The same amount of pain that he had seen in her face was there in Radhika's eyes right now. And he was the cause of it.

Knowingly, or unknowingly, he had hurt her. Because he didn't want to hurt himself.

He was selfish.
He was a horrible human.

"Maybe-maybe I am overreacting," Radhika said, wiping the tear off as another one slid down. "But isn't it natural to expect someone to love you, when you've spent so long with them?"

"Maybe it's time you went for good. That's what you always wanted to do, right?"

"I assumed that you might have felt something, something for me. Maybe I thought I would have come across as beautiful to you at some point in life." She was looking at the ground now, as if she didn't want to look at him.

Meanwhile, Krish was struck with guilt and sadness. He wished he could stop time, because he could not handle what was happening to him right now.

"You don't care about the two boys over here."

"I guess I was wrong in assuming too soon," Radhika said, as she took in a shaky breath. "I should have never loved you. That would have been for the best."

"You don't care about me."

Krish closed his eyes, as a solitary tear made its way from his eye and down his cheek. A strand of his curly hair brushed against his forehead as he regretted everything he had ever done.