Chapter 5

He was tall. His hair was wavy, golden, and flowed down past his ears perfectly. His face was chiseled, he had a strong jaw. He wasn't dressed in a ridiculously lavish costume like Charles. He was wearing the same knight gear as his men, just with a small crown sitting on top of his head. My heart jumped upon seeing him. I had never witnessed someone so incredibly handsome.

"Who are you?" Stood Mavis, signaling the guards to back down.

"You must be future Queen Mavis. I am Samuel Skyes, king of the Mullis Islands. I came from the far east to offer a partnership that'll end the war."

"King Skyes, why haven't I heard of you?" Said Mavis.

"You have most likely heard of my father, Edward Skyes. He passed  three weeks ago come mid week. My coronation was immediately after his passing."

"I see. My condolences, your highness." Mavis curtseyed.

"It was expected. My father got very ill very quickly. He believed in staying out of the war, but not me. I want to help you."

"Why is that?" I spoke up, making my presence aware.

"I heard what they did to the orphans. The orphans are the one thing you don't mess with. Ever. Everyone knows that. They crossed a line and went way too far. They don't deserve to win the war and rule the lands."

"What can you offer us?" I asked.

"Are you the future King? Sorry, I figured you'd be up on the throne by your wife as opposed to daydreaming by the window."

"The future king asked you a question." Mavis snapped at Samuel.

"I have armies, supplies, and wealth I am willing to share. Along with my services."

"What's in it for you? Your kingdom is far from this land. What do you want from us?"

"The goods you have over here are rare in my land. After the war, I would like a fair trading system. Getting some of your goods without an insanely high price. And of course an alliance. If my country is ever at war, I want your word that you will step in the same way I have just done for you."

Mavis contemplated his offer.

"Guard. Find the king and queen and request them here please." Mavis sent a single man on a mission.

She was intrigued by his generous offer.

"I want you to become our ally. I have not been crowned yet. I need you to pitch to the king and queen."

"And what a queen you will be, your majesty. It's a shame you couldn't have a more worthy king." He smirked and looked over at me as an act of torment.

My parents came in, and heard the basis of his proposition. They invited him to sit with us for a private dinner to discuss strategy and plans. For being a new king, Samuel was intelligent. Crazy for coming all the way over here, but definitely made a good pitch.

"A treaty will be created first thing in the morning to be signed. We appreciate your efforts into helping us with the war." Said my father.

"Of course. Do you know a man named Roderick Sendrik? He said he used to work for you."

"Of course! He was one of my best advisors. He left to return to his homeland when his mother got ill."

"I met him on his travels, he's a good friend of mine now. He encouraged me to help the efforts of the war."

"Bless Rod. And bless Samuel Skyes, King of the Mullis Islands!" My father raised his glass of wine and cheered.

"You are welcome to stay in the castle with us as long as you need, you must be tired after your long journey." Told my mother.