Chapter 31

We all ducked. The flames began to eat the castle from the top down. The dragon stopped.

"Samuel! What are you doing? Stop!" I yelled.

"Guards! Now!" He shouted. His guards grabbed my parents and the remaining guards we had. I tried to get away but they tightened their grip on me.

"What is going on?" My mother grasped.

"You. Bring Queen Mavis out here. Now." Commanded Samuel.

"I. I don't understand. Samuel. Please. What are you doing?" I said.

"Oh, Princey. I knew you were slow, but you haven't figured it out yet?" He said.

"What in the devil do you think you're doing!"
My father shouted at him. Samuel's guards tightened their grip on him.

"Quiet. Your kingdom is being taken in the name of The Vendov empire." Samuel said.

"What!" I couldn't believe him. I didn't believe him.

My ears rang, my mouth was dry. I couldn't believe what he was doing. No, it couldn't be. Samuel wouldn't betray me. He wouldn't. I loved him.

"Samuel. Please." My weak words wheezed out.

"Is that all you can say?" He stared down at me.

"Why are you doing this?"

The guards aggressively pulled Mavis out, she jerked and fought but they were too strong for her.

"Queen Mavis." He said with a smile. His eyes were locked on her.

She was kept trying to fight away from the deadly grips of the guards.

"Let me go!" She squirmed.

"Mavis, are you alright?" I called.

"I think she's more than alright, I'd even say she's glowing." Said Samuel.

"What are you talking about?"

"Look at her, I thought you said you didn't like women?" Samuel said.

Mavis stopped fighting. Her stomach had a small bump to it. It wasn't large, but it was enough to notice.

"Mavis, you're pregnant?" I looked at her.

"Yes." She said, lowering her head.

"Wow, congrats, Princey. All those nights you told me you loved me. Did you know your wife was carrying your baby while you lay with another man?" He taunted me in front of my entire castle.

"No! Stop!" I yelled.

"This was the plan all along, wasn't it?" Said Mavis.

"At least someone is intelligent here. Yes. I had to gain trust somehow. The king of Vendov approached me. Made a deal. That I would pretend to be an ally. That I would awake the dragon for them, and destroy their enemy from the inside out."

"Samuel. How could you." My eyes began to water.

He betrayed me. He was going to hurt me. He was going to hurt my family. He told me trust was there most important thing. All the times he had saved my life were for nothing. It was all so he could torture me.

"Don't be so fragile. You were never born to rule. You've admitted that to me, too. You were good at pillow talk, I'll give you that."

"You son of a bitch! Get out of my kingdom or I'll hunt you down and burn your castle to the ground!" My father said to Samuel.

"Guards! Remove them! Sorry Princey, not my orders." Samuel said, still sitting on top of the fearless creature.

The guards took them into the castle. We heard screams.