Chapter 29

We woke up early the next morning. I guess we were used to waking up to the sun. We tried to go back to sleep, but we were restless. If we did things right, the war would be over this time tomorrow. Samuel went down and brought us breakfast. It was fried eggs, bread, oranges, and bananas. It was so fresh.

"This is the best thing I've eaten in months." I said while stuffing my face.

"I'm glad you like it." Samuel said, putting his pants back on. He joined in eating with me.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked, wiping my face off with a cloth.

"There is a witch who lives close by. We get her, bring her to an open area, and hope she can summon the three parts we freed and assemble the dragon."

I was nervous. I could be going home today, I thought. I missed Mavis. After the war was won, we could help Samuel. Maybe Samuel could stay with me.

"Once the war is won, and I go back, I would like for you to stay with me. At my castle." I told him.

"And what? Sleep in your bed where your wife sleeps?" He said.

"I'm sure she'll be understanding. Mavis and I were never really romantic. We're just friends."

"Friends that rule two kingdoms together." He said.

I reached for his hand.

"Hey, she'll understand, alright? And if she doesn't, that's not our problem. Because I love you, Samuel Skyes."

"I love you too, Princey."

He bent down and I gave him a kiss. He was amazing. My heart beat like crazy every time he touched me. I never thought I'd feel this way about anyone, let alone him. He made me feel more whole. He made me feel complete. I didn't know how I got so lucky to find him. I couldn't believe he came prancing through my castle doors all those months ago.

Samuel insisted we wear protective gear through the village. We wore knight gear. His red cape hung down behind him. His small crown rested on his head. A fresh sword was placed in his sheath. He looked regal, like the king he was. He was ready for anything today could throw at him.

He picked two horses from the stables, and we headed east, deeper into the island. He said there  was a woman we needed to find. A witch that he trusted to bring the dragon back.

"Here. Up ahead." Samuel began to slow down as we approached a small cottage in a small section of trees. It was small, wild plants grew outside. Isolated from any other nearby homes. Samuel dismounted his horse. I followed him. He knocked on the wooden door. A little woman appeared. She wasn't what I typically pictured a witch to be. She was covered in bright colors, a variety of small flowers strung in her grey hair. She was an elder, and was as skinny as a stick.

"Miss. Delphine." Samuel greeted with a slight head bow.

"Prince Samuel! Or should I say, King!" She did a little curtsy while wearing a smile.

"Yes, thank you. We need your help. We freed the three elements of the dragon. I need you to summon them."

"Yes, your majesty. Let me go get my things. We're going to want to go somewhere with a lot of space. The dragon will be big." Her smile didn't fade.

We walked down to a nearby clearing a small ways from her house. It looked like the trees had been recently cut down. She brought a bowl, a book, and a bag of ingredients.

Samuel gave her his scroll he had, she tossed it in her bag.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

Samuel nodded. "Yes."

I took a deep breath. Months of traveling, climbing up the highest mountain and plunging into the deepest sea, it all led up to that moment. The moment we awoke the dragon.

"I need the blood of the freer. Whoever freed the elements of the dragon."

Samuel pulled out his dagger and gave himself a cut on the hand. The blood dripped down into the bowl. He then handed it to me.

"You freed the dragon too, you freed the body. Don't think I didn't notice. I know you might not think it, Princey, but you are brave. You are smart. You are everything you thought you'd never be. You freed a dragon."

I took the dagger from him and copied his actions. I cut my palm and let the blood drip in the bowl. It almost reminded me of my wedding.

She added plants and rocks into the bowl with our blood. I had no clue what she was doing. She then began to chant out of her book. It didn't sound like any language I knew. At first, nothing happened. She repeated the chant again and again.

Then, the three elements appeared in their orb form. The body, mind, and soul. Her chanting got louder and faster. The three elements began to spin above us. The wind picked up. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The elements parted. The mind went higher up, then the soul, then the body. They aligned and lit up into the shape of the dragon. Out of no where, it began to storm. Her chanting became faster and more intense. Thunder and lighting crashed. The universe had seemed to be angry, like we tabbed into something we shouldn't be. The elements lit so bright we were blinded. Samuel and I covered our eyes with our arms and were thrown back onto the ground. The woman didn't move. Her chanting continued. The elements got brighter and brighter. A flash of lightning struck the ground. We heard a mighty roar. The light faded. We uncovered our eyes to see an incredible beast in front of us that the universe had just resurrected.