*2*

THIRD PERSON'S POV :

Bilal and Shifa stepped into the home after an enjoyable but tiring day of school.

"Aapi"

"Billu" both exchanged their looks and smiled when their noses recognised the aroma of their favourite dish.

"Biryani" Both almost yelled happily and ran towards the kitchen

"Mummy, you are making biryani, right?" Bilal and Shifa asked in unison and Maryam turned to see them, then nodded with a smile

"Mummy I love the biryani which you make," Bilal stressed on you and Maryam kissed his cheek but Shifa made a pout.

"Mummy you love Bilal more than me, not only you but papa, Hamdan bhai and all others love Bilal more than me" She complained and Maryam opened her arms "Come here" she embraced her daughter and pecked her head.

"I love my Shifa more than anyone, you are mummy's little Jaan(life)" Maryam kissed Shifa's head.

"And what am I?" Bilal huffed, the attention seeker couldn't digest if his mother showed her love only for Shifa. 

"You're our Little Prince" 

"And what is Hamdan bhai?" Bilal and Shifa asked in unison

"Hamdan is my proud son," Maryam replied while stirring in the utensil "Now you both go and change your clothes, your phuppo is coming," Maryam informed and Shifa looked at Bilal

"What? Phuppo is coming!! Really?" Shifa and Bilal asked in unison but different ways. Bilal was happy as a Cheshire cat but Shifa's voice was full of dissatisfaction and sorrow. 

"Yes your phuppo is coming, that's why your papa told me to make biryani," Maryam said and Both kids nodded, Shifa half-heartedly but Bilal joyfully. 

"Mummy, can I go to Nani's home?" Shifa asked and Bilal huffed before frowned at his elder sister 

"Aapi, what will you do in Nani's home except listening to the old stories of Nana abbu and Nani Ammi?" Bilal asked so that Shifa could change her decision.

"At least they talk to me, unlike phuppo. Mumma, can I go?" Shifa replied to Bilal and asked the last part to her mother. 

"Go, I'll send Hamdan to pick you up after dinner," Maryam granted permission in a hushed tone, she was holding a small smile but the pain in her eyes was visible. 

"Now you both go, I have many things to do and You are wasting my time" Maryam scolded them before dismissing them. 

"Shifa, don't forget to take your books to study in Nani's home" Maryam yelled from the kitchen while cutting salad and she got a reply in the form of 

''Okay mummy"

==============

SHIFA'S POV: 

"Assalamualaikum lala"

"Waalaikumussalam lalu"

"Lala, why do you always call me lalu? My name is Shifa, S.H.I.F.A," I said with a Pout, I didn't like when Khala call me that, but I'm helpless to call her Khala