36.

MARYAM'S POV
(Flashback)

"Maryam are you ready? They people mus..." Ammi entered in the room with these words but stopped in between when saw me sitting on the bed holding Shifa closer to my heart and crying silently with tears. I kissed the cheek of my daughter and lifted my head to saw Ammi .

"Go and get ready, they people must be coming in some half an hour for nikkah" Ammi said while coming towards me and extend her hands to held Shifa but I didn't hand over my daughter.

"I.. I'll be ready in ten minutes" I mumbled and Ammi left the room.

"Will that man love my daughter as his own?" I asked in my heart and looked at shifa who was sleeping in my arms, wearing a red romper she was looking more cute. After some five minutes I made Shifa lay down on bed, placed two pillows on her either side and made my way towards the bathroom holding a red coloured suit which had nominal stone and thread work, which wasn't looking like a attire of a bride.

After taking shower I wore that clothes. I didn't wanted to get ready. When I wanted to be groomed as a bride at that time I didn't even wore a red dupatta and then when I didn't want to  get dressed for that man, my destiny was playing with the strings of my heart.

I steeped out from the bathroom and found Maham sitting on the bed playing with Shifa who was awake by then and moving her chubby hands and legs in air

"Maryam aapi will you take Shifa with you" Maham asked innocently and I held her tears and shook my head.

"It means Shifa will live with us?" Maham asked happily and I nodded, but this time I couldn't control my tears which rolled down from my eyes.

"Shifa will live with you for some days, then I'll come to take her back with me." I informed Maham and she smiled happily and picked Shifa in her arms before kissing her cheek . I didn't wanted to leave my daughter for a single day, but Ammi said that for at least a week she will not send Shifa with me.

"Aapi when will she start to talk, I wanna play with her and talk to her" Maham asked and I sat beside her on the bed. I looked at Shifa and Maham both were looking so much innocent I kissed the cheeks of both girls and smiled when witnessed my daughter jumping to come towards me

"My little baby" saying that I embraced her at the same time I heard a knock on the door of room.

"Maryam aapi, Ammi is asking if you are ready or not they people are arrived" That was Razi.

"Shifaaaa... Come here" Razi said in childish tone while extending his arms towards Shifa and she went to him. Shifa use to stay with Others more than me, she was the fisrt baby in front of my siblings and first grand-child of my parents so she was an apple of every eye. After giving Shifa to Razi I comb my hair and tied that in a simple Braid before covering head with dupatta then sat down on the edge of the bed thinking about the new turn of my life and destiny. In some time my Abbu entered in my room after a knock along with Razi who was still carrying Shifa in his left arm, some of my uncles and Qazi Sahab.

"Bismillah karen" Abbu said in hushed tone and I remember my first nikkah

(Start it)

"Do you Maryam daughter of Sabir......" Qazi sahab was asking about the permission and I was remembering the same words which listened in the past. Then my mind remembered one more thing...

"Main tumhe Talaq deta hu"
(I give you divorce)

" Qubul hai"