42.

MARYAM'S POV :
(FLASHBACK)

"Ready?" He asked in the same rudeness ful tone  when I was changing Hamdan's clothes and I shook my  head.

"I have to give tea to Amma, after that I have to change Shifa's clothes, then I'll get ready" I replied without looking at him and he nodded before sitting down on bed.

"Hamdan I'm going in kitchen, sit here and revise the tables, enough loudly that I can listen your voice in kitchen" ordering Hamdan I turned to go but he shook his head.

"Mummy I'll revise later, now I'm playing with Shifa" He jumped on the bed and sat beside Shifa who was going to cry at any moment.

"Hamdan beta don't be stubborn, I'm listening your table then you will play with Shifa" his father said on which  Hamdan nodded, and made my way to the kitchen and got busy in completing all the works.

"Amma tea" Placing the cup on side table I said and she nodded without glancing at me.

"Aapka khana Bana kar rakh diya hai, me abbu ke ghar ja rahi hu" I informed my mother-in-law and got a sharp glare in reply

(I have prepared your lunch and I'm going to my maternal home)

"Ham apni Saas ki Ijazat ke bina khana bhi nhi kha sakte the, magar aaj kal to Ijazat lene ka zamana hi nhi raha, seedha hukam suna do...., Rani aa rahi hai aaj, khana kon banayga? Ek Sunday hi to milta hai use aane ke liye." 

(We don't use to eat without our mother-in-law's permission but now a days there isn't any need to take permission just come and give the order.... Rani is coming today, who will cook for her, she only comes on Sunday)

After nodding on the big lecture I made my way towards the room. It was being a month of our marriage and I never demanded for anything but I really wanted  a break from my household duties, not for many days just for few hours.... Rani baji comes every now and then, but couldn't I visit my parents

"Double standard people"

"Maryam" The manly ruthless voice hit my eardrums when I entered in the room.

"Ji (yes)"

"Now get ready soon" I shook my head with down face

"Rani baji is coming I have to cook for her" He think for a moment and nodded.

"Okay then I'm going to park with Hamdan, tell me if there is any need for something to cook." Saying that he made his way out from the room and I was watching the way from he left

'He don't have a heart, his sister is coming that's why I can't go to my home..'

"Hamdan go babu, your papa must be waiting for you I said in hushed tone and sat down on bed taking Shifa in my lap to feed her.

"Mummy"

"Hmm?"

"When will my mummy come back?" Hamdan asked the same question after many days and I just kissed his cheek