40.

THIRD PERSON'S POV :
(Flashback)

Wearing a gray and black cotton suit which was full of wrinkles and two kitchen stains she was busy in beating the eggs. Her hair were tied up in the messy bun but some small length hearlocks were falling in her face and forehead making her irritated. She was wiping her forehead every now and then to brush off her hairs from her forehead. Putting the bread slices in toaster she turned towards the door of kitchen

"Hamdan... Come for breakfast, play with Shifa after coming back to school" Maryam yelled and pour the eggs on frying pan.

"I have to talk to him, but how would I start the conversation? I can't call him by name!" Maryam mumbled while pouring the tea in cups and biting the inner part of her cheek in nervousness. That was been 27 days of their marriage but she didn't initiate any conversation with Anwar, so she was confused to talk to him.

"Amma, what will I make for you in lunch?" Maryam asked while passing the cup of tea to her mother-in-law on breakfast table, then Passed the tea to Anwar without meeting the gaze with him.

"Cook something light for me" Maryam nodded on order and took her seat beside her husband to feed breakfast to Hamdan.

"Mummy not banana but apple" Hamdan said and Maryam nodded and cut the apply for him.

"Come on Hamdan eat it fast like a good boy" placing the apple slices in front of him Maryam said and Hamdan started having that, in the time being Anwar competed his breakfast and went to room and Maryam followed him.

"S.. Suniye" (li.. listen) She stammered in lower voice and Anwar nodded without looking at her.

"Bolo" that was a rude order as usually
(say)

"I.. I wanna go to my home..." Maryam said in hushed tone and Anwar looked at her suddenly.

"I will go just for few hours" she added suddenly as a clarification but his expression was unchanged. "Only if you give permission" she said meekly without looking at him, but her heart was beating fast because she was demanding for something first time in front of Anwar and he could refused very easily after scolding her ...

"Shall I go?" She added in almost no voice and listed her gaze towards Anwar, he stay silent and think for a minute

"No, don't go because Ham..." Anwar was saying when his sentence was cutted off in between

"Okay.... No problem" Mumbling the same Maryam made her way to the door of door.

'Can't he give me permission to go to meet my parents? I am working like a maid his house and I look care of his sister like a nurse.... Maids also get one day off.... He is treating me like a... Like a slave; invest for  once then you are free to use for whole life' saying all those things in her mind she went to the dining area to feed Hamdan breakfast

"What happened? You are looking angry? Has Anwar scolded you?" Her mother-in-law asked and she shook her head immediately without looking up.

"Hamdan finish it fast, your papa is getting late because he is waiting for you" Maryam said to Hamdan while feeding him.

"Mummy will Shifa also go to my school when she start talking?" Hamdan asked happily and Maryam was occupied by thoughts because she didn't had idea how would Anwar treat Shifa? Shifa was just Maryam's daughter in that home, nothing else.

"Have this.... You talk very much" saying that Maryam said gave a bite to Hamdan. That is the best way to stop someone to talk... Fill his/her mouth with food.