24.

MARYAM'S POV :
(Flashback)

That was being ten days when when I was inside the house and I didn't got a single chance to talk to Aatish.

"Anisaa.." abbu entered in the home with a loud call and I got started by his voice, I suddenly sat down on bed and at the same time the door of my room snapped open and Ammi entered in.

"Be happy now!" before I could understand anything coming closer to she slapped my cheek.

"They people rejected you by saying that the girl is very bold and ill-mannered.. You get success in humiliating your father. You don't left any room to insult us" Ammi roared on me and I was just listening everything while placing my palm on my left cheek where Ammi slapped me.

"It would be better for us to be childless instead of having a daughter like you, they people insulted your father just because of you. The person whom everyone admire got humiliated in society that too because of his own dear daughter. What was our fault. We  let you did what ever you wanted to do!! You are returning all those things by making us insult in the society" Ammi said and this time she was crying, I never wanted humiliation of my Abbu, I didn't thought that they people would disrespect my father dur to my behaviour. I hadn't any idea about that

"Ammi.." I tried to open my mouth but got a slap again.

"Don't call me Ammi.. I'm not your mother, I'm ashamed that you are my daughter" Ammi said and left the room.

I did dare to made myself stand and moved towards the room of my parents. Abbu was sitting on sofa beside Ammi, he was holding his head, Razi was standing in front of him holding a glass of water and I was peeping in the room standing behind the door, after gathering all my courage I stepped in the room and took the glass of water from Razi.

"Abbu" I passed the water to him and he lifted his head

"Beta give some poison with this!" His voice wasn't harsh but defeated which hurt me more than Ammi's slaps.

"Abbu I never wanted your humiliation" I said while sitting on my knees in front of Abbu and he turned his face to other side

"Anisa say this girl to leave this room, otherwise I'll forget that she is my same daughter who was my pride." Abbu said while curling his hands in fists and my eyes dropped few tears.

I placed the glass on table and looked at my Abbu.

"Abbu" I placed my both hands on his either knees and he looked at me

"I'm sorry, I never thought to humiliate you" I stated truth

"But you did" He said and disappointment was clear in his voice

"I'm sorry Abbu"

"Do your sorry have power to take back the words of those people? Everyone was talking that Sabir's daughter is very bold, and that all because of Sabir. Girls are better inside the house" Abbu said what the people were saying and I felt pang in my heart

"I wanted to prove people wrong who use to say that girls are better inside the house, but you prove me wrong and those people were right. Beta you open my eyes" Abbu was saying everything very politely as he always talk to me, but his voice was indicating that his trust was hurt and I was feeling guilty. I never wanted anything like that but at the same time I didn't want to be married with that guy or any other person except Aatish.

"Go in your room and plan for future how you have to humiliate me when any other proposal will come for you" I cried on his words and placed my head on his knees.