Beginning

I see her laying on the ground with a bullet in her head

I see her laying on the ground with a bullet in her head. Why her, why couldn't it have been me or anyone else. Then I see him standing there with a gun in his hand staring at her body.

My best friend since I was born, the only person who knew my secret and the only other werewolf I got along with perfectly. The girl I told everything to, the girl who helped me through my first full moon, the girl who helped me through my first heartbreak, the girl who made sure I was okay when I killed an innocent life. I stood there watching her with a bullet in her head. I couldn't move, my whole body was numb.

"Haley I know what you and Madison are" he said.

My boyfriend the boy I was in love with. Head over heels in love, the boy who changed me and made me kinder and softer. I let down my walls and exposed my heart to him. The boy I couldn't live without and who I protected my entire life with. I couldn't let him know I was a werewolf, I knew he would kill me. His family are hunters who are very well known in the supernatural world. I kept this one thing from him and told him everything else in the entire world. I trusted him with my heart and soul. Then he goes and kills Madison, my best friend.

"Bailey...Why, why would you even think of doing this!" I screamed at him starting to fill with rage.

"Haley you knew this was gonna happen eventually I was just waiting for the proper opportunity. You couldn't keep this secret from me forever you know that" he comes closer to me with the gun still in his hand and cups my face with his other free hand.

"I come from a family of hunters princess. Did you not think they wouldn't have teached me anything? Like how to detect werewolves based on how a person acts, their emotional state, and how they get around certain things." He starts walking around the room. His face is emotionless like he knew he was gonna do this from the very second we met.

"Everything you said to me in the past year meant nothing, from watching sunsets, going to the beach, carnivals, climbing to the highest possible building we could so we could watch the night. None of that meant anything, all you wanted to do was to kill me and Madison." I said with tears streaming down my face the rage disappearing and being replaced with utter sadness because I fully realized I lose my best friend and my boyfriend forever.

"I'm sorry baby girl. You know there was a point where I didn't wanna kill you but your kind killed my sister and I just couldn't let your kind get away with that. Actually your family-specific killed my sister I bet you didn't even know. Your older brother Brady he went on a spree and my sister was caught in the crossfire. So it's only fair I take away his sister too." Bailey pointed the gun at my head.

"You know my brother has been dead for the past 4 years Bailey. He already got his payback and how the fuck was I supposed to know he did that?" I see him grip his gun tighter. "I have to do something before I actually get shot" I thought to myself.