Arrival

"Are we almost there yet?" I beg over to Theo with a very whiny voice

We've been driving for over 5 hours and we were following right behind Stiles. Apparently Lydia decided to book the house in Malibu which was a far drive from Beacon Hills. We sent us the address and I was very surprised when I realized where it was.

"Approximately 2 more hours." He groans as he continues to drive. I roll my eyes and plug my phone into the aux cord.

It was 12:45 at night and we had left the school around 7:00 so it's been a while.

"Wanna switch? I slept for a little and you look tired." I ask over to a yawning Theo. He shakes his head no and rests his hand on my thigh.

I look in the side mirror and make sure no cars are behind us. No one in sight probably since it's late at night. I creep across Theo and click the button to cause the roof to come down, since the whole trip we had it up. Maybe the wind would wake both of us up.

"You're gonna ruin my perfectly good hair." He whines and I smile over at him.

I smack his arm and he winces. "Shush, your hairs perfect no matter what," I say and he nods.

The top fully comes up and the wind instantly hits both us in the face. But it felt great. I look down at my phone and put on my country playlist. We were on vacation and no music is better then country on vacation.

He looks over at me as "All the Pretty Girls" comes on by Kenny Chesney. "I didn't think country would be your type of music." I look back at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Country music is my shit. What are you talking about?" I say a little taken back. I've always listened to country. Most people hate it for some odd reason but it brought me back to when I was younger and we would go to Louisiana for vacation.

"What about you?" I ask over to him and he looks back at me as he readjusts his hand on the wheel.

"What do you mean?" He returns his glance back to the road. I put my feet up on the dashboard and lay back in my seat.

"Well, I barely ever hear you listen to music so..." I trail off and he shakes his head as a smile appears on his cheeks.

"Honestly, I don't know. My mom used to blare country in the kitchen before Tara died. I guess either rap or country." He shrugs and I nod my head.

I smile widely as "Slow Dance In A Parking Lot" comes on by Jordan Davis. I immediately lean up from my seat and turn it almost all the way up. Theo just shakes his head and smiles.

I start whispering the lyrics while looking out of the open window as air blasts me in the face. Honestly this is what I needed.

"And just slow dance with you, spinning you 'round by the Walmart sign. And moving our feet over the painted white lines." I start belting out singing as the song hits its chorus.