Month 1

"Baby!" He screamed throughout the apartment, trying to find me

"Baby!" He screamed throughout the apartment, trying to find me. I was planning on scaring him. I silently crept against the kitchen counter and hid behind it.

"Hales, you texted me telling me to come over. Where the hell are you?" He says and I can tell his voice get a little panicked but I giggled it off, knowing he was gonna find me eventually.

I heard him start going up the stairs, with his heavy footsteps. I sat on the ground, trying to hide my position better. Over the corner, I saw him look into the bathroom.

"Haley, I swear when I freaking find you, I'm gonna be mad!" He says again and I know he's just bluffing. He never got mad at me.

"Or you're not even here and I'm just talking to myself." He sighs and I chuckle but then immediately stop knowing he has supernatural hearing. I see him start walking towards the kitchen. I hide behind the counter, and stop peering over the side. I hear him sigh as his heels get closer to me.

I glance up as I feel someone's eye, staring at me. I see a bright smile on his face as I look up at him, the smile that could melt your heart within a second. I look straight into his blue orbs and giggle.

"Hi baby." I laugh and he rolls his eyes playfully.

"Hi princess." He says as he bends down next to me, against the kitchen counter.

He laces our fingers together as I admire his features. The slight bags he had under his eyes from barely ever sleeping with everything that's been going on. The slight smirk he always has when he's around me. The creases in his face when he laughs uncontrollably whenever I do something stupid but funny.

"You know baby, you can't keep doing this to yourself." He sighs as his bright blue eyes stare straight into mine.

"What do you mean?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows.

"You have to move on, for your own sake, Hales." He says while cupping my face and a frown appears on my face.

"But I'm happy right now, with you." I plead while looking at him.

"You weren't supposed to leave me, Theo," I say with tears starting to slip, as I look at my dead boyfriend.

"I know. It's better for you though. I was toxic for you and your friends." He says and he squeezes my hand.

"I could've saved you," I state as my voice gets quieter.

"I was the one who let go." He states.

"If I had griped your hand tighter, I could've pulled you up and you would still be with me," I say convincing him it was my fault.

He moves his hand away from my face as he starts to get up. I look at him as a smile grows onto his face. He pulls me up and throws me over his shoulder.