After Death

(Flashback 3 years ago)(Theo's POV)

(Theo's POV)

"No, no, no. You can't leave me, Haley." I beg and plead as I hold her close to my body. "You're the only good thing I had left, you can't be gone." I stare deep into her eyes and see the brightness dim out of them.

My happiness was taken away from me and I couldn't do anything about it. "God, help me." I cry into her chest and the pain hits harder when I hear her heart not beating anymore.

Cries filled the operating theatre along with mine. They lost a friend but I lost my soulmate, they had no idea what I was going through.

Her smile, her eyes, her dimples, her wavy hair that I loved so much, her sarcastic attitude, her feistiness when she got mad or annoyed, everything about her was gone. I won't be able to see her smile when I do something funny or have a stupid comment to make about a show or one of our friends.

I was supposed to protect her and I failed. I failed as her boyfriend and her protector, I was supposed to be here and make sure nothing bad ever happens to her. But now she's dead and lying in my arms.

•~•

Eventually, the operating theatre started to clear out and only her and I were left in there. Her blood-soaked my clothes along with the sweat dripping down my forehead and my tears streaming down my face.

Hours past and I was left along with her, not daring to move cause I didn't wanna hurt her anymore. She didn't deserve any of this, she was pure and an angel who only wanted happiness for everyone she loved.

It should've been me.

"Theo..." I don't turn my head but I hear Derek's voice enter the room. It was deeper than usual and he was sniffling. "I know you don't wanna move but we have to take her body." His voice is low and terrified, like he doesn't know what to do next. I don't know what to do next either.

I don't move but I stared down at her pale face. Her usual tan that covered her face was now gone and her lips turned a lighter shade. "We can take her to Deaton's and you can stay with her for as long as you want." He tried to convince me and at first I thought it was a bad idea. But deep down I knew I had to move her eventually and I couldn't cling onto her.

I lightly grunt as I get up with Haley still in my arms. I put her arm around my neck and hold her close to me. She seemed so much lighter then she was even though she was always like a toothpick and I Mads fun of her for it. She would always make some comment about me being too muscular in defense.

I walk with her in my arms and I look and see Derek with glassy eyes as he stares down at her lifeless body. A single tear runs down my cheek and I continue walking out of the tunnels. It seems like anytime we were down here together something bad always happened.