23. Jealousy

Ethan's POV
"After a long time we're hanging out together" Theodore said.

"Yeah, and it feels good" I said taking a deep breath, inhaling the nature's scent.

The weather was amazing, cold breeze was blowing, the water in the lake was so clear and it all looked like a beautiful portrait.

I closed my eyes, letting the breeze gently caress my face. I like how weightless and carefree that wind was making me feel.

It felt as if I have nothing to care about, that I'm free and detached from everything. In the mist of all this a very desired face emerged in my head.

Madison.

I wonder if she also thinks about me the way I do. Just like first thought in the morning or the last thought at night of mine belongs to her, does hers belong to me?

I don't know why this heart of mine aches everytime I recall the fact that she's not mine. That I'm not the first person who comes in her mind when she needs someone.

I get upset how her minor worries make me tensed and sad. I feel sad that I may not be the one who would give her the happiness.

I wish that my thoughts were turned in words and travel to her. I don't have the courage to tell her my feelings. To tell her that I love her so much.

And trust me there's no way you can stop liking someone. Even when they hurt you the most.

"I think you should do it" Theodore said grabbing my attention.

I came out of melancholy.

"What?" I asked.

"Propose to her" he simply said.

He said it with ease but in reality its much more difficult than that. I wish it was simple but it's not.

"Yeah. I will" I said in a low voice.

"When? When someone else would take her away" he said.

"Its not the right time" I said looking at the lake.

"I don't know, but do it before you regret it" he said.

I just hummed.

I don't feel like talking about it. But something struck my head like a hard rock.

I had to pick up Madison!

I hurriedly ran back to the car. Theodore ffollowed me, stunned by my sudden reaction.

"What happened! Did you see a zombie?" he said laughing a bit.

"No! I had to pick up Madison!" I said sitting in the car.

I started the car, about to drive off when I saw Theo. How will he go back?!

"You also come, I'll drop you" I said.

"No need, I'll call my driver, you go" he said and waved at me.

I nodded and started the journey. I was driving with full speed and soon I reached the hotel.

I quickly came out and rushed to the waiting area, thinking she must be there, but to my expectation, she wasn't.

I looked for her around the area, but she was nowhere to be found. I looked at my watch, it was 6:00pm. The meeting must've got over almost an hour ago.

But where is Madison!

I then took out my phone to call Madison. I opened the screen and saw four miss calls from her. Then I opened the messages and I read her message.