gray, the annoying guy

under of fragments.
(gray, the annoying guy.)
❝DON'T FEEL GUILTY FOR A CRIME YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED, COMMIT IT AND BE GUILT FREE. ❞

⚪️⚪️⚪️

LASYA WAS SURE THAT SHE should have died. Acnologia's attack was still clearly etched in her memory. And also the feeling of guilt that still dammed in the heart. But why is she still alive?

On the ship, looking at Tenrou Island with a blank stare. Slowly, she let all the information into her mind. First, she is still alive. Because they were trapped in a frozen state because of the First Master's magic. Second, they were trapped for seven years and didn't age. Third ... there is no third.

"Don't feel guilty, my child," Lasya turned to Master Makarov, who was standing beside her. "You are the first wizard —based on what I know— to succeed in wounding it."

"But I can't protect everyone," Lasya said, closing her eyes as the scene of Aconologia was still spinning in her mind.

"No one blames you for that. It is precisely because of you that all the members insist to go home together. Your feelings activated the First Master's Fairy Heart," Makarov said. "Lasya, you can't protect everyone forever. Things happen in life. That's life." 

Lasya did not answer. And Master Makarov spoke again, smiling gently at her. "You really are a kind girl. Thank you, Lasya. For everything you did for Fairy Tail."

⚪️⚪️⚪️

After the return party —which of course Lasya didn't come. She was outside and reading a book— Lasya went to her house. After seven years, it turns out the building is still the same. Still the yellow painted house.

After she opened the door, she was shocked by the landlord who shouted in surprise. Then immediately hugged her. "Thank God you're fine, young lady!"

"Ah, yeah," Lasya forced a smile. "What about the payment?"

"Did you forgot that you already paid for the past seven years right?" asked the landlord. Well, because of Lasya's large income after carrying out the council's mission that endangered her life, she immediately paid her rent for the following years.

"After hearing the news that you and your friend have disappeared, I always clean your place once a month." said the landlord. "You must be tired right? go get some rest!"

Lasya could only nod, then immediately went to her room. Oh, to her great surprise she saw several gift boxes and letters lying on the bed. She frowned, she didn't have a really close friend to give her a present. Even Lasya is not sure if they know her birth date —she himself doesn't know either.

The girl took a letter from the top of the pile and opened it.

Dear Lasya,

I know I don't deserve to say it, but Happy Birthday.

I remember when we first met. In a terrible thunder, you came to our house asking for money and food. But because Layla has long wanted another child, we decided to adopt you. As the older sister of Lucy. And that day also serves as your birthday. The day you became part of the Heartfilia family.

We had a great day together before everything changed. I still remember all my actions clearly, and I'm really sorry. After Layla's death, I was too busy with the work to the point that I ignored both of you. I take too much to the heart of my business partners' words about my foster daughter. Therefore I don't consider you to exist, even crossing you out from the Heartfilia family. Forgive me.