Chapter 45 - An unsaid war

A/N:

Sit back and grab a bucket of popcorn cz this chapter is hella long! 🙃

Enjoy the drama 😌

____________________________

Third Person P.O.V

"We met again today." Taehyung says as he wipes his tears away with the fringe of his shirt sleeve.

He is standing as usual in his favourite place which is the window corner of Mr. Kwak's clinic room.

This is the one place where he can express everything without even thinking. He can cry, smile, show his anxieties, worries, fears.

He knows his doctor won't judge him. This is the place which he needed the most right now so he drove back to the city only to meet Mr. Kwak. 

"Mr. Invisible?" Taehyung breathes out.

He gulps the lump in his throat and whispers in his broken deep tone, sniffing badly, "Jungkook. 

Mr. Kwak's ears puckered up hearing the name. He looks at Taehyung with his shocked eyes.

This is first time in one year that Taehyung utter the name of that mystery man. And the doctor understands that the omega is really very upset.

He stands beside him as he gives him a glass of water. Taehyung takes the glass and drinks the whole water in one go.

His hands are shaking. 

"Taehyung, sit down please." Mr. Kwak says softly, holding his back and the omega listens to him like an obedient puppy. 

"Tell me now, what happened?" Taehyung looks down as he tries to clear his throat a bit.

"I went to 'Monarch'. I...I didn't know he is the head Alpha of this pack now. Bogum introduces me as his boyfriend to him. After that he lied to Bogum that he doesn't even know me. I could see how hurt he was when Bogum said that but I didn't understand that time."

Mr. Kwak furrows his brow as he asks, "What didn't you understand exactly?"

"That...." Taehyung again gulps a dry air that was stuck in his throat as he answers, "That he loves me. He had been waiting for me all this while doc, whereas I thought he didn't remember me anymore." 

Mr. Kwak sits back on his comfortable chair as he looks nowhere and croons.

"Why is this news affecting you so much? You said that you don't care about him." 

Taehyung looks at Mr. Kwak with teary eyes and he wasn't ready for that question at all. He thinks for some time but can't answer.

After a few minutes he says stuttering, "I...I'm feeling bad because I couldn't help him when he needed me the most. I am angry and pissed at myself. He waited for me one freaking year and I didn't even text him once, doc. How pathetic I am!"

Mr. Kwak now chuckles as that famous amusing smile forms on his thin lips and he fixes his glasses saying, "If you don't care about him then why are caring about his feelings?" 

Taehyung looks at Mr. Kwak now as he blinks for some time as if he is functioning the question inside his brain and replies avoiding the other's gaze, "I...I just don't want to feel that he did any mercy on me, you know. I have decided to help him now."

"And how are you going to do that?" Mr. Kwak frowns as his pen draws few invisible shapes over his lips.

Taehyung looks on that heart-shaped rubber ball as he replies breathing heavily, "I'll make him hate me. So that he can move on in his life."