이십오

22nd February

The sudden click made Jungkook turn around and he froze. His eyes widened as Jihan smirked at him and kept his finger on the trigger. A loud bang echoed and everyone's neck snapped at the scene. A shrill static rang in their ears, the distant flapping of the birds barely registering in their brains.

With a loud thud, his body fell to the ground creating a pool of thick crimson blood.

Sirens blared in the distance, nearing them as they all stood their ground, too shaken up to move. Red and blue lights flared at them as the cars came to a halt. An ambulance followed suite, paramedics rushing out of the vehicle towards the fallen male. They picked up the body, checking for a pulse and taking action when they didn't find one.

They took the male into the car, hooking him up with machines. Seokjin shook out of his stupor as officers rushed towards them. Sudden panic gripped at him as he looked at the crime scene in front of him. Jimin let out a choked sob, keeping a hand over his mouth to muffle them.

Yoongi escorted Namjoon to the ambulance, the younger limping due to the bullet wound in his leg. Hoseok just stared at the male holding the gun as the younger lowered the weapon, his stance still unwavering.

-
A few minutes ago~

Taehyung blinked rapidly, trying to clear his vision. He barely registered Yoongi dragging Jungkook out of the room and he mentally thanked the older. He clutched the table tightly, feeling dizzy by the blood loss. Namjoon leaned towards him, shielding him from any blows but nothing came.

The redhead stood up straight, his vision back in focus as he looked around the room, instantly spotting Jihan looking out of the room with his gun raised. The older turned around, aiming the gun at Namjoon as his eyes narrowed dangerously. He smirked as he looked at Taehyung.

A thick trail of blood was flowing from his forehead, painting the curves on his face in a deep crimson hue. His hair was darkened at the back of his head, a few drops of the metallic liquid dropping on the floor and smudging under footsteps. The ravenette licked his lips as he walked towards the younger, looking at him as if he was a prey.

Taehyung backed away, his back hitting the table as he spotted Namjoon from the corner of his eyes. Jihan took a few more steps towards him before he abruptly turned and took hold of the older male. "I can't wait to fucking taste you, baby boy but I need to get rid of these pests to have you." He growled as he kept the gun on the older male's temple, pressing it there.

Namjoon thrashed in his hold, trying to get away but wincing when he strained his leg. Taehyung watched helplessly as guards poured into the room, circling the redhead. "Make sure he doesn't leave this room." The ravenette said as he pushed Namjoon towards the door, shuffling him out.

Taehyung counted the number of guards, his hands fisting at his sides as he took his stance. 'You don't show them that you're scared, alright?' A voice rang out in his head as he nodded wordlessly, charging at the men. He punched one in the stomach, the male doubling over and giving the redhead enough time to plant a kick to his groin, sending him down to the floor. The other 4 charged at him and he delivered a sharp kick to one's jaw, quickly getting back his footing and locking the 3rd guard in a deadlock.

The two males on the floor groaned as Taehyung knocked the third one out, throwing him towards the last male but he dodged. He walked towards the younger male, getting out his gun and shooting him in the arm. A scream left the redhead's lips as the bullet pierced through his flesh, hitting the wall. He kicked the male in his legs, folding his elbow and elbowing him as he doubled over in pain. He took the gun from his hands as he hurried towards the front door where he heard groans.

He reached the end of the hallway, having a clear view of the scene. Jihan crawled towards his gun, picking it up as he smirked. Taehyung's eyes widened as he watched, his body frozen. Time slowed down as he saw everything in slow motion.

A breeze blew by his face and he turned his head. His lips parted as he saw the figure, the person smiling back at him. "Seojoon hyung..." He breathed out in a whisper as the older male smiled.

Seojoon walked towards the younger male, holding his hand and lifting it up. He made Taehyung take his stance, the gun firmly held in his hands. "Relax your shoulders, and aim straight at the target." He said softly as he placed the younger's soft hands around the black Kahr cw9.

Taehyung looked at the older with large eyes, confusion visible in them. Seojoon chuckled. "Why are you surprised? I said I'll protect you, didn't I?" He asked and the younger nodded. "And right now, I need to protect you from losing the one you love, Tae. I failed to do it then, but now..." He trailed off as he looked at the door, seeing Jihan slowly load the gun.

"Now, I'll fulfil the promise." He said as he loaded the gun, keeping the younger's hand in his and removing the safety. "Don't hesitate. It's either him or Jungkook." Taehyung nodded, uncertainty in his eyes as he gulped. "Do you trust me, Taehyung?"

The redhead nodded his head as he saw Jihan point his gun at Jungkook. His heartbeat accelerated as he gripped the gun tightly. Seojoon looked at him once before keeping his hands over the younger's.

"I'm always gonna look after you, Tae. I'm proud of you." He said as he wiped a tear from his eye, giving the younger a bright smile. He leaned down to the redhead's ear.

"Shoot."

And Taehyung pulled the trigger.

The sudden sound broke through the slow motion, the bullet hitting Jihan straight in the back of his skill. His body collapsed to the floor, blood pooling around him at a fast pace. Taehyung breathed quickly, looking around him and spotting no one.

His arms hurt from the recoil of the shot and the bullet wound in it but he felt nothing as he looked at the body of the male. He looked at the others. Everyone's gaze had landed on Jihan, who now lay lifelessly on the crimson floor.

-

Jungkook's eyes widened as he spotted his lover in the hallway, holding a gun in his habd and breathing heavily. He walked towards the shivering male, putting his arms around him as Taehyung clutches to him, the gun falling to the floor. The officers walked towards them, instantly noticing the numerous wounds on the redhead.

One of the officers pushed through, reaching the couple and pulling them away from the others. He took of his cap, running a hand through his brown hair. "Hello. My name is Park Bogum." He introduced himself as he told Jungkook why he was here.

"You don't have to worry about anything. The case against Do Jihan is strong and we'll file his death as a result of self defence because I'm sure that's what Tae did." He smiled slightly, patting the ravenette's back as he made his way to the other officers.

Jungkook looked at the redhead in his arms, his gaze softening as he walked towards the car. He made the younger sit down and kneeled in front of him, holding his hands. The others crowded around him, shooting a smile at Taehyung.

The younger looked up, his eyes shining with salty tears. He blinked and a few fat drops rolled down his face. The ravenette reached forward, wiping them with the pad of his thumb as he held Taehyung's face in his hands.

"We did it, Tae."

-
Mwahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahha! I totally bet you weren't expecting this! Tell me I took you by surprise!🥺

Also~~ if you haven't already, check out my new book - Sehnsucht. It's one of my biggest ideas and Apotelesma holds absolutely nothing against it hehe. Yes, it will be that good.😉

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! And yes, this is a surprise update. Please let me know if it was rushed, I'll edit it.

For once, I'm actually posting at a human time lmaooo. It's 12:03 am. I need to sleep early cuz I slept only 4 hours today hehe.

I'll see you soon~~ bye~~

-G.S.