이십육

I really feel like I'm gonna cry. Wth you guys... We reached 3K on Apotelesma.... And this is the last chapter omg... It took me a solid 30 minutes to pull myself together to make the cover and type this chapter. I've never had this kind of attachment to any of my stories and I really feel- You know what? There will be an Author's rant at the end of this chapter! Beware!

Enjoy~~

-

7th October

Heavy clouds parted slightly, letting a ray of sunshine slips through the narrow gap. But the warmth had recoiled faster than it came. Lightning illuminated the sky, bringing everything in focus for a split second before it went black once again. The cool breeze laced with minuscule droplets of water fell over honey skin as the male sat with his back pressed against his lover's chest.

Taehyung snuggled closer to the warmth, his cheeks flushed and glowing in the night. His now black hair rested under Jungkook's chin, tickling him a bit. The older leaned down, pressing a kiss to the mop of raven locks, a beautiful smile blooming on the younger's face. The two sat in comfortable silence, their body heat enough to keep them warm from the cold outside.

"I can't wait till you're here with us, baby bun." He whispered as he tenderly placed a hand over Taehyung's slightly swollen belly. The younger blushed prettily, turning and hiding his face in the older's biceps, too shy to look up. Jungkook chuckled, stooping down and placing a kiss to the other male's lips. He kept his forehead over the younger's, the pitter-patter of the rain a mere background noise to their breathing and steady heartbeats.

"Thank you so much, Tae." He said as he leaned back, tightening his hold on the fragile male. Taehyung smiled softly, turning his head and nuzzling his nose in the other's neck. "Thank you too, Kookie. I wouldn't be here without you." He said softly as he placed a chaste kiss on the exposed milky skin.  

After Jihan's death, the case had moved through the officials at a fast pace. The male's mansions and hideouts had been searched, just to reveal the gruesome reality that had been hidden for years. The male had been involved in every illegal field, trafficking drugs, human body parts and people. He had been backed up by his father, the previous Vice-President of South Korea. Due to the power held by the older male, it had been almost impossible to expose Jihan but they had somehow succeeded. 

The case had gone on for a few weeks, the severity of the crimes had quickened its pace. The verdict had been announced and Taehyung had been cleared of any charges. It had been proved that all he did was in self-defence. That day had been a roller coaster for the younger male and everyone had stayed by his side all the time. They had all created a shield around him, protecting him. They had been ecstatic about the result, making sure Taehyung knew that he had finally won this battle.

Soon after, Jungkook had moved in with Taehyung and the two had begun their relationship with a fresh start, giving their all to each other. Things had eased into a routine and before they knew it, they had become one heart in two bodies, joined by a string of fate. They had found each other under the influence of stars, meeting each other in a twisted game of destiny, but finding themselves nevertheless.

There was nothing either of them would take back from their life because every action had brought their love closer and made it stronger. Yes, there were flaws but they were like the dents in the bark of a great old tree, only showing how far they had come and how strong they had become. They were there on the surface, barely making a mark on their souls. Barely there, like surface flaws.

And now, Taehyung held a physical piece of their growing love. A piece of him and Jungkook, for them to love and cherish. The two couldn't wait to hold the little life in their arms and shower it with all the love in the world. The couple had filled each other's void, completing the missing pieces of their puzzles and sewing their stories together with the brightest shade of love. And that band shined in the light, adorning their ring fingers as engagement rings.