51» That Trouble

^^ the amazing cover's made by fuckyourself_please

Grace's POV
« NOW »

I felt my eyes widening up as I looked at a very much surprised Marleen standing in front of us, just outside the kitchen.

Judging by the look on her face, I had no idea if she was surprised by the mess around Luca and I, or if she was surprised by what both of us had been doing just few seconds ago.

If she had witnessed it, that is.

I hadn't even known she was here in the house. I thought she was at work already. But she wasn't wearing her work clothes. That meant she probably wasn't going at the hospital today.

A bigger part of me really hoped that she hadn't seen us kissing as I stood there, frozen at my spot with words stuck in my throat. I didn't know what to say. I didn't even know if I was supposed to say anything.

It was all silent around the three of us for the next few seconds. I could only make out Frost's faint barks from somewhere outside.

I watched as Marleen opened her mouth then closed it shut, raising her brows as if she didn't know what to say either. I felt myself wanting to shrink away at that.

She had most definitely seen us kissing. What if she doesn't react properly? Why the hell had I even kissed him?

This was all Frost's fault.

"What is this mess?" She finally spoke up, her eyes moving from Luca to me. Then she eyed me carefully and I felt myself taking a small step back. "What–Why are you covered in flour, Grace?"

I gulped, trying to force out some words.

"She banged her head on the cabinet behind her." Luca spoke up as he leaned back against the kitchen counter, not looking flustered at all. "And that bag of flour fell over her."

Marleen responded with few inaudible words under her breath, fussing over me instead of the mess I had caused in her kitchen.

"I'm so sorry. I can clean this mess." I said when I finally found my voice.

But then Marleen had frowned and pushed me out of the kitchen saying something along the lines of, "You kids really shouldn't be left alone." and, "God knows what you were even planning to do."

"Mom," Luca interrupted with something that looked a lot like a smirk to me. "We weren't planning to do anything."

My face heated up involuntarily as I focused on anything but their faces.

"It didn't seem like nothing when I came here." Marleen gave him a pointed look before picking up the empty bag of flour. I really wished I hadn't seen the slight twitch at the corner of her lips.

I cleared my throat lightly, truly horrified by their words. How the hell was I supposed to react?

"Well, you see–" Luca started but was cut off by Marleen.