seventy - six - "pegasus will lead us to a brighter tomorrow" - seventy - six

"Back in med school, I knew a guy who spent his weekends as a magician for children's birthday parties. It makes a weird kind of sense. If you plan on sawing a person in half, you're going to need to practice. When you take the stage and all eyes are on you, you don't want the audience to see you sweat, you only want them to see the magic. There's a reason we like to keep things to ourselves. When you have an audience, even the smallest moments end up feeling huge. It makes the big moments seem positively earth-shattering. The trick is, not letting the pressure keep you from taking big chances. You just get out there, naked and afraid, and pretend no one's looking."
-Meredith Grey, S12E13, "All Eyez on Me"

"When babies are born, they usually come out crying like there's no tomorrow. It's loud, it's jarring, and it's completely unfair. That adorable tiny baby was forced out of its mother's womb, and forced to breathe outside air into its brand new little lungs. It's human nature. No one wants to be left out in the cold, rejected and alone. Affection, acceptance, and unconditional love. We all want it. We all look for it. But when we find it, it's flat-out terrifying. Because just as quickly as we may have found it, it can disappear. And we're back out there in the cold, alone."
-Meredith Grey, S12E14, "Odd Man Out"

"We cover up injuries with tape and gauze to protect the injury, to prevent infection, to save the patient from further suffering. The hard part comes when you have to rip the bandage off, because that can hurt like hell. It hurts to tear that bandage off. We don't wanna see what's underneath. But maybe it's not the fear of the pain that holds us back. Maybe, we're really afraid to see if the wound underneath is still open, or if it might actually be healing."
-Meredith Grey, S12E15, "I Am Not Waiting Anymore"

"Don't be scared. I have no idea how many times I've said it. The intern stands over a patient with a scalpel or a needle or a clamp, afraid to make the first move. They're scared. They know what to do, but they just need that little push. Don't stop. Don't hesitate. You can't be scared of what's next. Do not let fear get in your way. That's why we don't operate alone. There are attendings and nurses and interns. Those O.R.s are full of people. So in the cases where somebody actually does get hurt, nobody has to go through it alone."
-Meredith Grey, S12E16, "When It Hurts So Bad"

"Backaches, jaw pain, nausea. In men, these things are probably exactly what they seem like. But in women, they're all symptoms of a heart attack. Sometimes, the symptom is hiding what's going on underneath. It's all in the way it presents itself. What happens when the gloves come off and you stop hiding behind your mask? What's your next move? Do you take your best shot and see where it lands? Or do you hang back, wait a minute, and see if you get sucker punched? It's your move. You can either retreat or go out swinging, so whatcha gonna do?"
-Meredith Grey, S12E17, "I Wear the Face"

[a/n: since we're wrapping up s12 soon, and it's been technically 2 years since derek's death (according to mer when she was talking to thorpe), anna is now 21, zola is now 6, bailey is 3, and ellis is 2.]

After dropping off Zola at kindergarten, Anna drove Bailey to daycare at the hospital, while Ellis was at home with Maggie who had the opposite shift of Meredith. After checking in Bailey at the daycare, Anna pulled out her cell phone. She didn't have any new messages from any of her aunt's. She looked around before heading to the elevators. She went back down to the main floor, passing by Dr. Webber, "Morning."

"Have a good day, Anna."

As Anna headed to the enterance, Jo showed up, "Oh, hey, there you are. One of your aunt's is outside waiting for you."

"Right out front?" Anna pointed.

"Yeah." Jo confirmed, "I gotta go."

"Thanks." Anna said, heading outside. She looked around, not seeing anyone familiar. She took a seat on a bench in front of the hospital, and pulled out her cell phone, debating if she should text Amelia or call each and every one.