eighty - "mint to be" - eighty

"Surgeons fight. We fight against death. It's our thing. But eventually, if history's any indicator, death is gonna win. We may win the battle, but we're never gonna win the war. So, the trick is to go down fighting. To fight for the right cause. For the right person. And if you go down, you all go down together. Alex, listen to me. You're better than this. You're stronger. Don't make this all your fault. I know you. That's what you do. But please, please don't do that. We can't just give up. Not after all this time. We have to stand together. We have to fight. Because it's just us now. There were five of us and now it's just you and I and it can't be just me. It can't be. I will go down swinging for you, Alex. You know I will. But that means you can't give up. You don't throw the fight. So whatever you're doing this for, please don't."
-Meredith Grey, Amelia Shepherd, & Maggie Pierce, S13E9, "You Haven't Done Nothin"

"Back in the day, physicians made house calls. So, if you chopped off your finger, or woke up with a touch of cholera, you could order up a doctor, like delivery pizza. A respected member of the community at your service. The ultimate personal touch. There's a reason doctors prefer to see a patient in person, face to face. It's the laying on of hands. Human touch. That spark of connection. We lay hands on each other so we feel like we're all in this together. We connect with each other. Because if we didn't, we would all feel so, so alone."
-Meredith Grey, S13E10, "You Can Look (But You'd Better Not Touch)"

"We all have heroes. People we look up to. People we aspire to be, who teach us how to be greater than we are because they are greater than we are. They're great if we don't look too closely. 'Cause if we get too close, we realize heroes are just regular people. And regular people can fail us. Our heroes aren't special. They're just people. They're like us. They're just trying to survive. They're trying to be happy. Trying to do better. Be better. Feel better. Heroes aren't more special, more courageous than the rest of us. After all, they're only human. They hurt. They break. They bleed. But sometimes, every once in a while, when it matters, they get it right. And that changes everything. A hero is only human, but that's the point. If they can do it, so can you. So, you keep going. You don't give up. You stand tall. You fight. You always show up to save the day."
-Meredith Grey, S13E11, "Jukebox Hero"

"Everybody wants privacy for themselves. For other people, not so much. We have to keep something to ourselves, or else anyone can get to us. They'll see the stuff we don't show anyone. So we build the walls high and wide, and we lock the gates."
-Jo Wilson, S13E12, "None of Your Business"

"In 1949, Edward Murphy conducted a rocket sled experiment to see how much pressure a human being could withstand. Murphy's experiment failed spectacularly, over and over. Needless to say, he didn't start off on the right foot. That's why it's called Murphy's law. Because if anything can go wrong, it will. Once things start going wrong, it's hard to break the cycle. Murphy's law is not physics. It's just a thing a guy said to try and make sense of a crappy day. Just because things go wrong, it doesn't mean they're out of our control. It's on us to fix things. It's on us to take everything that can go wrong, and make it go right. It's on us to try, anyway."
-Meredith Grey, S13E13, "It Only Gets Much Worse"

With all the drama between Dr. Minnick, Dr. Bailey, and the attendings at the hospital, Anna stayed far away from it. Instead, she enjoyed the rest of her free time before starting med school. After her graduation, and little crying sesh with Alex, Anna found herself letting go of all the feelings she buried deep down. She felt better. She felt good... and for the first time in a long time. She was actually looking after herself, doing what she wanted to do, and getting out of the house now and then.

Anna knocked on the apartment door, looking down the hall, hearing footsteps coming from inside the room. She smiled, putting her hands inside the pocket of her hoodie, as the door opened, "Hi."