Chapter One: The Party

_•Rosabella's POV•_

"Girl do you want a drink?!" Lottie shouts over the music. I have to weigh my options.

If I go back home drunk my mom will beat me for not being able to cook her dinner but if I do drink then all my problems will leave me for 5 minutes. So really I shouldn't drink but I'm stupid and stubborn soooo.

"Sure! Vodka!" She smiles and nods before walking away. "Hey Sexy." I hear my boyfriend, Roman whisper in my ear.

"Hey baby." I turn around and kiss him on the lips which he happily returns. "What are you doing here? This is a school party." "I have my ways." He pecks my lips again.

"Where's Lottie?" "She's gone to get me a drink I'm dying for one." He shakes his head.

"Babe your too young to drink." I groan because he keeps going on about this. I get it I'm 16 but literally every person in my school has been drinking since they were 12. Roman is a little older then me so he always makes sure that I'm not doing anything irresponsible but it doesn't always work.

"Your drinking!" "I'm 19." I shake my head this is so unfair. "I'm going to be 17 in a week!" "It doesn't matter your not drinking." He says before walking off too his friends. Who does he think he is also he should know by now telling me not to do something only wants to make me do it more. What I'm stubborn.

"Here's your drink. Vodka and coke." I smile and take a big gulp of my drink before walking over to the bar to sit down.

"What's wrong?" Lottie asks with concern. "Do you think they think about me?" She sighs and sits down next to me. "Of course they do. They're your family. You know they do because they always send you cards and packages."

"I know. I just wish that I could send stuff back to them. I miss them so much, why did they have to leave me alone with her." Lottie gently rubs my back. "I know babe. Just wait you will see them on day."

"I hope so I miss my brothers. And my dad has gotten remarried and she has kids! I haven't even met my stepmom I don't even know what she looks like!" Lottie pulls me into a hug.

"Now stop mopping around and let's dance." We both laugh as she drags me onto the wooden floor and we both start dancing.

"Thanks for the ride baby." Roman smiles and kisses my forehead. "Be careful ok? I love you." "Love you too." I say as I walk to my front door and carefully opens the door to make sure my mom doesn't wake up.

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN! I COME HOME FROM SHOPPING AND THERES NO FOOD FOR ME TOO EAT! DO YOU WANT ME TO STARVE YOU BRAT!" Fuck. I turn around to see a very pissed off mom.

"I'm sorry I didn't realise the time. I'll go and make some food now." I say with my eyes on the floor while I try to walk pass her and go into the kitchen but she grabs my upper arm and pulls me back.

"I've already eaten you bitch! I had to make myself something after a hard day!" I look at her confused. "A hard day shopping?" Raising an eyebrow in the process, she doesn't look too happy about that.

I feel a harsh slap to my face that makes me fall to the floor. "I HAD TO CARRY MY BAGS BY MYSELF SO MY ARMS HURT YOU UNGRATEFUL SLUT!" She kicks me in the ribs making me hiss.

The money she used for all that shopping is what my dad sends over to her for me but she never spends it on me it's all for her. When my mom and dad divorced my dad tried to get custody of me but my mom put on this whole show about how he has taken away the love of her life and her sons now he wants to take her daughter. It was all a big act she couldn't car less about me she just wanted my dad to hurt.

I have always been a daddy's girl so I cried for months after mom took me away from him. It never got easier I just couldn't cry about him anymore.

"It's my money! Not yours! YOU SHOULDNT USE THE MONEY THAT MY DAD GIVES TO ME!" I shout standing up facing her.

"Wow you really do have some guts. What you gonna do hit me?" She mocks me taking another sip of her drink. She knows full well that I wouldn't hit her. She might be a bitch but she's still my mother.
I don't hit elders. Unless it's my stepdad he's a bitch. 

"YOU TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME! ITS YOUR FAULT THE FAMILY SPLIT." She screams in my face.

"IT WASNT MY FAULT IT WAS YOURS! I WAS SIX! I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING BUT NOW I DO! YOU WERE HORRIBLE! YOU WERE DRUNK EVERYDAY AND YOU JUST USED DAD FOR HIS MONEY!" She kicks my shin making me fall to the floor. Before stamping on my ankle which makes me cry out.

I cry out in pain as she kicks me over and over. My head, stomach, legs, ribs, back, arms and everywhere else she can possibly kick.

"YOU! ARE! NOTHING!" A single tear rolls down my face as my eyes start to close. The last thing I see is our next door neighbors running towards me with some police officers then darkness...