17. Moose-Man!

Takara walked into the gym that Friday afternoon to find the entire team, practicing.

"Hi," she muttered as she made her way to the bench. She took her clipboard out of her bag and started looking over it.

The squeaking of gym shoes stopped but Takara didn't look up. She flipped through her notes and wrote down her own things that she learned about different teams.

"Takara?" she heard a voice ask.

"Hm?" she said, not taking her eyes off the paper.

"What are you doing?"

Takara finally looked up to see the whole team staring at her, "The Spring Inter-high Prelims are next week.  I want us to be ready."

"Next week!?!" Kindaichi exclaimed.

"Yes Turnip, keep your voice down," Takara said, turning back to her paper. "I've done lots of research of each team even if we're playing them or not. I'm trying to come up with drills to prepare us for each teams strong spots and weak spots."

Iwa hummed and then the rest of the team nodded.

"Have you guys done your drills I made?" she asked.

Silence.

"I'm taking that as a no," she took the list out of her pocket and handed it to Oikawa, "You're the captain, you're in charge. Drills, now!"

The team hustled away and Takara continued her notes. They were going to win the Prelims. She would make sure of it.

--timeskip brought to you by Study Takara---

Takara was walking to Karasuno high school when  she was ran into from behind. She fell to the ground, landing on her face.

Takara turned around, and stared up at the behemoth that hit her. He was around "6,2" and he had olive colored hair and eyes. He wore a purple and white jacket and white shorts.

"What do you think you're doing?" she asked when she got up. "I'm injured, you could've cause me to re-injure my shoulder. Watch where you're going."

"I apologize for my actions," the man said before bowing. "I'm Wakatoshi Ushijima."

"Ace of Shiratorizawa, right?" she asked. The tall man nodded.

"Takara Kageyama, Aoba Johsai," she said, smiling.

"Aoba Johsai. That must means you've heard of Toru Oikawa," Ushijima said.

"Of course I have, I'm the manager of that team," she said. "There's nothing special about him."

"I must disagree with you," Ushijima replied. "He's an exceptional setter. His talents would be better suited at a school like Shiratorizawa and not Aoba Johsai."

"Are you saying Aoba Johsai isn't a good school?" she asked.

"Of course not," he answered. "I'm saying that his talents would be put to better use at a school like Shiratorizawa."

Takara chuckled and shook her head, "Just cause your team is high and mighty doesn't mean everyone has to follow your rules. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to be going."

Takara turned away from the older man and continued her trek to Karasuno, leaving Ushijima wondering why the scary lady he'd just met was mad at him.

Takara finally reached the high school and walked into the gym, since the door was open. She watched as he boys practiced. Kageyama set the ball behind him and Hinata jumped up and smacked it across the net.