21. Karasuno(Again)

It was the day after the match against Oomisaki High School and they were warming up to play Karasuno.

Takara would look at her brother a lot while he practiced. She took notes of anything new she saw or anything different. 

Then Oikawa and Daichi were called to shake hands.

"Let's have a good one," Oikawa said with a smile. 

"Let's have a good game," Daichi said.

They went back to practicing and Takara watched her own team. They were having spiking practice.

Makki tossed his ball to Oikawa who set it in the air. Makki ran up to the net and hit it hard over and onto the floor.

The official warm-up eventually came to an end with Mattsun having to hold Iwa back from pelting Oikawa with a volleyball.

The boys got in their starting line up and Takara got extremely nervous. Then she started reassuring herself that her boys would be fine.

The match started off with Oikawa doing a dump shot, surprising the Karasuno players.

Mattsun went to serve and hit it over the net to Daichi. Kageyama set the ball to Hinata who spiked it down to Watari.

The ball flew up in the air again and Oikawa ran up like he was going to do another jump shot. ut at the last minute, he set it to his left to Iwa.

Iwa spiked teh ball over the net, earning Aoba Johsai another point. Mattsun served again and Nishinoya received it this time.

The bal came down toward her brother while the shrimp and the ace were running up to spike it. But her brother, the slimeball, did a setter dump over the net and the ball hit the floor of Aoba Johsai's side of the court.

Takara grimaced while she watched her brother and Oikawa have a stare down. She knew what was happening.

A setter showdown. Between the captain of Aoba Johsai(who she also happened to have a crush on) and Takara's brother.

Her brother served next but the ball was out of bounds giving them another point. Then Oikawa got the ball cause it was his turn to serve.

He tossed the ball in the air, jumped up and hit it straight toward Nishinoya. He received it perfectly. And Hinata spiked it over the net.

Karasuno got a point and it was their turn to serve. Tanaka served the ball over the net to Watari who sent it to Oikawa.

Kindaichi ran up and Oikawa set it to him. He hit it over the net gaining them another point.

The ball was served to Karasuno's side and was received by Daichi.

Kageyama got under the ball and Hinata yelled, "Send it to me!"

But Kageyama set it to the other side to Asahi. But surprisingly, Kunimi was blocking over there. The spike broke through his block and hit the floor.

Then they called a timeout.

"The voices in the videotape weren't clear but I'm sure now that they way to tell when Tobio and Shorty-chan are going to use their superhuman quick versus their normal one. Bring and Send are the key," he said. "At first I thought Shorty-chan was just saying something inaudible but during that superhuman attack, he seemed to be using the words bring or give. When they were doing their normal attack, he'd say send."

The rest of the team nodded.

"We should keep one blocker on shorty when they do the superhuman attack  and when he says send, we should watch where the ball goes and then jump" Oikawa suggested.

The timeout ended and the boys went back to playing.

Hinata served the ball which eventually led to Makki spiking it over the net. It was then Kindaichi's serve.  He the ball over the net straight to Asahi, who wasn't able to receive it so it bounce off his arms and out of bounds.

"Nice serve! Do it again Kindaichi!" Oikawa yelled, with a perky smile on his face.

---timeskip brought to you by smart boi Oikawa---

The first set was over with Aoba Johsai winning by ten points. 

Takara could sense the tension rising in the ranks of Karasuno (Especially since her brother was taken out). The boys of Aoba Johsai walked over to the bench to get water and take a break.

"Good job guys, you're all fighting hard," she told them. Takara noticed that Oikawa sat away from everyone else with his eyes closed.

"Why doesn't Oikawa sit here with the rest of you guys?" she asked Iwa.

"He sits alone to keep the game sense in his mind," Iwa replied taking a sip of water. "He analyzes how to deal with errors and get better like that."

Takara nodded, "So, I shouldn't go over there, slap him on the back and say good job?"

"Definitely not," Iwa said. 

Takara nodded and they went back to the court for the second set.

The second set started with Oikawa's jump serve landing right in between Nishinoya and Tanaka.

Oikawa got the ball and served it again and this time Nishinoya received it and Suga set it into the air.

Tsukishima jumped up and spiked the ball past Kindaichi's block and onto the floor, immediately getting praise from Suga.

Karasuno got another point but she could see her team was getting tired.

Watari received a serve from Tanaka and sent it to Oikawa who set it to Iwa. The spiky-haired man jumped up and spiked the ball over the net and onto the ground.

It eventually Oikawa's turn to serve again and he jumped up and hit it. Daichi received it perfectly and Suga set the ball to Tsukishima who spiked it past Kindaichi's block again.

Takara let out a deep breath and started tapping her foot against the ground. They needed to stop Tsukishima's spikes, Asahi's spikes, Hinata's spikes, Tanaka's spi- all of their spikes. 

But Kindaichi, Makki, and Kunimi couldn't block anything they spiked, even though they jumped at the right time.

The set was tied at 19 to 19. Her brother was back in, playing as setter and Hinata just did a killer spike, causing the teams to be tied.

Kunimi served the ball and Tanaka received it. The ball flew to Kageyama who tossed it in teh air. Hinata jumped up diagonally and spiked the ball down to the court.

Takara sucked in a breath, Karasuno had reached twenty points first, which meant they only had five more to get.

After many more plays, Karasuno had 24 points and Aoba Johsai had 23. It was also Oikawa's turn to serve. 

He hit it over the net fast and hard toward the right side. But before it hit the ground, Nishinoya dived down and received it, sending it back over the net.

Watari bumped the ball to Oikawa who jumped up in the air to the ball. It looked like he was going to set it to Kindaichi but instead, he set the ball to Iwa. Kageyama and Tsukishima both jumped up and blacked the spike which fell to the floor.

Karasuno had won the second set.

Can I say that it's bout to go down in the next chapter, I let you decide for yourself if it's a good or bad going down.

I love you all, stay safe!

-Author-chan