Fears|| CinderPelt x male! Reader

Requested by AvaTaylorlover
Art by catoffee

You padded across the clearing, you didn't know what to do but your mind always kept on lingering over to TigerStar, who had become the new leader of ShadowClan.

"Who would let him be leader?" You growled under your breath, he destroyed your life. That day were CinderPelt had to give up her dreams on being a warrior, the incident was glued to your mind...

~•Flashback•~

You sat beside FireHeart, you would rather hang around with your best friends mentor rather than your mentor, LongTail (Idk when he gets SwiftPaw but I don't really know who had what apprentice around CinderPaw's incident). Looking around camp to see that CinderPaw wasn't around.

"FireHeart?" You mewed, the ginger Tom looked down at you, "were's CinderPaw?"

FireHeart then scanned the area, "I haven't seen her since I told her not to go near the Thunderpath..."

He then realised what he said and immediately stud up and ran out of camp, you quickly ran after him, only a few fox lengths away. Once the two of you got to the thunderpath and your heart shattered. Seeing your best friend on the ground, her leg covered in crimson blood and crooked. You padded towards her, your eyes clouded.

"C-CinderPaw?" You mumbled, you didn't get an answer and you collapsed into her soft grey fur, crying your heart out. "Please, wake up!"

You heard something approach, you lifted you heart up only to see TigerClaw, shooting a surprised looked towards CinderPaw.

"The whole forest would be able to hear you making all that noise!" The dark tabby snarled, you glared at him.

"I don't care!" You spat back, FireHeart then stepped in between you and the deputy.

"I-I told her to stay in camp, why didn't she listen?" The ginger Tom murmured, you rose to your paws, letting FireHeart grab CinderPaw by the scruff, CinderPaw was breathing slowly. "I'm sure YellowFang can do something..."

Back in camp, you sat near the entrance of the Medicine den, YellowFang was still working on CinderPaw after what happened, you then decided to crouch down and doze off but you hear voices coming from the den behind her.

"How are you feeling?" YellowFang's voice could be heard.

"Strange.." CinderPaw voice rung in your ears, "what happened?"

"Your leg was crushed by a monster, I'm sorry but you can't become a warrior..."

Your ears flattened from hearing this, if she couldn't be a warrior... then what will she be? That's when you realised that she would have to follow a different path. Becoming a medicine cat. Your feeling for the grey she-cat would never be revealed now, how could you fall in love with her now?

"Were's Y/A/N?" You heard CinderPaw mew, YellowFang seemed to sigh.

"He's outside, he was in tears when he came back with you, seems like he really cares about you..."

That was sympathy in YellowFang's voice, did she know about your feelings?

"Maybe it's really obvious," you murmured, your eyes grew heavy as you then fell asleep, "maybe I should forget about my feelings."

~•Present time•~

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you didn't realise that it was raining heavily, but you couldn't really care. Only until you started to sneeze. Great.

You looked over to the medicine den, a sad expression forming on your face. You didn't want to see her, her injury just brings back the painful memories. But with you getting a cold you had no choice.

However you went against it and dragged yourself towards the warriors den, collapsing into your nest, still drenched.

You mind was Fuzzy, your eyes flickered open slowly, looking around to see herbs next to your paws. Your eyes widened as you frantically looked around and you didn't see CinderPelt anywhere. You took this as an opportunity to get yourself out of here, you could care about the dry coughs that escaped your mouth. You lifted yourself up and was about to leave...

"Y/W/N!" You flinched, not wanting to turn around to see the she-cat you had a crush on that you avoided for so long...

"What?" You mumbled, not wanting to turn around, CinderPelt padded closer. Feeling her paws steps getting closer.

"Your sick, you need to stay here." You sighed and lowered your head and placing your self back in your nest.

You sighed as CinderPelt nosed some herbs towards you, without looking up at her you lapped up the bitter herbs and sunk into your nest. Your pelt was ruffled and stuck up in places, you felt CinderPelt gaze on you.

"Do you want your pelt groomed?" You heard her mew.

Your eyes widened and you vigorously shook you head, "n-no I can do it myself-,"

You were cut off from feeling a tongue touch your pelt, CinderPelt was grooming your P/C fur, you didn't say anything and just looked at your paws, however you noticed something close to you...

A crooked leg, CinderPelt's leg.

Flashback cane rushing into your mind like a uncontrollable river, flooding, and pressing you down. Seeing CinderPelt helpless on the ground, unable to become a warrior.

You then shook your head, trying to stop the scarred memories from flashing back, CinderPelt stopped and flicked her tail. "What's wrong Y/W/N?"

You didn't say anything as your gaze kept lingering back towards CinderPelt's leg, "I-I.."

Her tail then intertwined with yours, making your ears heat up, "look at me." You didn't look. You didn't want to see her face, "please?"

You took a few moments before looking at her, the beautiful blue eyes that never seemed to stop shining, the small freckles dotted on her cheeks, you felt your face heat up as her paws touched yours. "I can't bear to see you," you whispered, tears escaping your eyes, "seeing you with your legs like this make me feel it's my fault that your a medicine cat, and it my fault that we will never be together."

CinderPelt gaze softened, "Y/W/N," she mewed, gently embracing you, "I've always loved you, and let me be honest..." she looked into your eyes, they were still clouded with tears. "It wasn't your fault, it was my fault for not listening to FireStar at that time. Plus I enjoy being a medicine cat."

She then swiftly licked your cheek, "we can be mates, no matter what."

A/N: sorry for the wait, I've started school again and now everything will be delayed, since I'll soon be doing GCSE's