Family never fades|| StoneTeller x Queen! Reader

Art by WishPelt
Requested by Elf_girl333

I let out a quiet sob, why? Why did this have to happen...? Staring down at the body of Dust...Dust That flies in wind, your mate and father of your kits.

Your kits weren't even born yet! And they will never get to see their Father, He was killed by an Eagle, you remembered the event well as you were with him...

~•Flashback•~

I was sitting around bored, only having the splashing of the water to keep me Company, no one else was awake as it was early morning, however a familiar face brought me out of my trance. Dust...

"Hey Y/T/N," Dust greeted me happily, his cute smile plastered on his face. I gave him a small smile in return, "Morning Dust, what's up?"

"Well I wanted to check on you since those kits will be coming any day now, I don't want anything going wrong."

"I'm fine, really, if it bothers you so much how about we go for a small walk?" I mewed, standing up and nuzzling him.

I looked behind Dust to see some cat looking at us, a jealous look on his face, "yeah that's a great idea! Let's go!" Dust then ran out of the cave and I slowly followed.

As I was about to leave StoneTeller stud in front of me, "what do you think your doing?"

He stared down at me with his cold, blue eyes. "I was going to go for a walk with your brother...why?"

"It's dangerous for a she-cat like you to leave this Cave! Who knows what will happen?" StoneTeller glared at me as if he was disappointed in my stupidity.

"Look I'll be fine! Dust is-,"

That's when a yowl erupted from outside and every tribe cat lifted their heads in a groggy state. I then ran out as fast as I could and watched as my mate was in the sky, being carried away, I yowled in agony which catches the attention of the bird. It then suddenly dropped Dust out of the sky and he dropped to the hard ground. I then approached the dark Tom and stared at him in disbelief, he was alive and well a few minutes ago, and now...he was gone...

~•Present•~

"I can't believe this still happened..." I muttered quietly, looking at Dust in the cave, everyone was completely silent. They didn't want to break the silence, after all he was a respected Hunter, and the younger brother of StoneTeller.

Then, StoneTeller lifted himself up from his seat, padding towards me as I nuzzled into my dead mate's fur. "We need to bury him, please..." his tone was soft, yet I looked at him with sad yet furious eyes.

"No, I want to stay with him for a little while longer..." I muttered harshly. StoneTeller seemed hurt by my tone, however he just let out a small sigh and sat beside me, whilst everyone else continued with their duties in silence.

Turns out I was by Dust's body for the whole day, it was now night and everyone had gone to sleep, all except for StoneTeller, who was still laid beside me.

"We need to rest..." StoneTeller mewed, I looked away and stood up. "Your right...but why did you stay with me all day?"

The brown tabby looked a little surprised, looking at his brother before speaking. "I've always been jealous...jealous of my brother..."

"Jealous?" I whispered, tilting my head in confusion. StoneTeller gave a small nod.

"He had someone to love, and that she-cat was also the one I love..." he muttered, "and now you have his kits...I wish I told you sooner. And now my brother's gone and he can't care for his kits..."

I was silent for a few moments before sitting next to him, pelt's touching and nuzzled him gently. He flinched at the sudden action and looked down at me confused, "you can help me look after them."

"M-me?" The brown tabby questioned surprised, "b-but..."

"Your the uncle of these kits...please, be there for them, for your brother," I whispered, looking into his blue eyes.

After a moment he the let out a sort of defeated sigh.

"Alright, I'll care for them...with you."

~•TimeSkip•~

Two days had passed after the death of Dust. I laid beside StoneTeller, two balls of fur laid beside my belly.

Glow of setting sun, a small P/C she-cat with blue eyes and Breeze that whispers through air, a brown Tom with E/C eyes.

I let out a heavy sigh as I looked at them, StoneTeller gave me a small nuzzle and I looked back at him, "you miss him don't you...?"

"Yes, of course I do, and the fact that Our kits look so much like him makes it all the more difficult to move on..."

There was a moment of silence, StoneTeller broke it with a heavy sigh, "hey Y/T/N? Can I...ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"I-I understand if you turn me down, b-but will you...be my mate?" StoneTeller sole is a soft but nervous tone, a pink hue appeared on his face.

"I-I would love that..." I whispered with a small smile. StoneTeller gave me a smile in return and nuzzled me lovingly.

"I'll protect my brother's kits and you, because after all..."

"Family never fades..."