Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was seven am when I got the call from an old friend of mine needing a favor. He needed someone with military grade experience to guard his son while they handled business.

I already knew who he was though. It was the Styles family. They were heavily influenced in the mafia. Anne was a cold blooded killer and did everything her husband required of her. And her husband chopped up any man who crossed him.

They were filthy rich and did whatever they wanted to others with no apologies but still managed to raise a kid like Harry. Currently they were pregnant with his younger sister but I only knew due to the situation.

They informed me that I'd need to take Harry to the States and get him enrolled at Stanford. I didn't know if Harry was smart or if his parents had the money to bribe them all into letting him in. I was to care for him and protect him with my life.

I have never guarded anyone before but I was skilled in combat and martial arts fighting techniques. I also have been in war and done undercover spy work in Russia. I'm more than qualified to babysit some adult.

Of course I took the job. They offered a monthly million dollar pay. How could I pass that up? If the styles want to blow their money. Fine by me.

I packed every necessity I needed and armed myself for the flight that would pick me up in a few hours. I was currently sitting on my bed meditating facing the window of my studio apartment on the 48th floor.

Hey! You can't kill people and not have a coping mechanism. I must have a simple and peaceful way of living.

But I must admit even when I meditate, even when I eat healthy and workout nothing helps as much. I just pretend it does and go along with it. No one would care anyway.

Soon I got the text to head to the airport and I grabbed my backpack and sling it over my shoulder. The styles told me only to bring a carry on and they'd have some one come to pick up my things. Not gonna lie, they do have a royal lifestyle.

I got on the elevator and rode it downstairs to the bottom floor which took maybe three minutes only to be greeted by the door man. I nod at him per usual and head out the door. The valet greeted me with the keys to my motorcycle and I thank him politely.

I get on my bike and quickly set off on the streets to the airport. Once I arrived I was greeted by serious looking men in suits accompanied by a older woman and man. I assumed this was the Styles.

I get off my bike and then take off my helmet. The two men quickly leave the couple and go over to my bike. I frown as I watch them confiscate my bike.

"Hey what the fu-" I felt a hand on my arm as I turn to face the older man. He was dressed in all black with gold jewelry around his fingers and his neck.

"I'm Robin Styles. You must be Niall Horan?" He says putting his hand out for me to shake. I shake his hand.

"Pleasure." I say grimly before he sees me looking at the men handling my bike.

"Oh don't worry. They're gonna take good care of it. Get it on the airplane for ya." He says chuckling and patting my back roughly. He then gestures for his wife to step forward.