Chapter 9

Chapter nine

"Amanda! I see you're alive and well." Harry smiles widely as he opens his arms wide to engulf Amanda in a hug picking her off the ground as her face displayed a uncomfortable frown. She still was regular Amanda who couldn't pretend to give a shit about anything.

We were on the way down to the car so we could head to a nearby airport and head back to the Styles estate where his parents can watch him until they find a place to relocate us.

"Put me down sir." She says in her usual monotone voice.

"As you wish. Can we start making a list of guests for my welcome home party. I'm feeling festive and friendly. And don't forget to invite Mr. Malik." He says wrapping his arm around her neck. I drop my phone into my pocket before I realized what he said.

"Wait- did you just say what I th- party?! Did you just say party?" I ask him looking at him in disbelief. He pauses his discussion to with Amanda to turn and look at me fully.

"Yes. It has been a long couple of days and I deserve a little fun." He says innocently as if he didn't have an entire family out for his blood.

"No! No way. You just had the deal with guys shooting at you and you want to throw a party? And invite the general?" I ask him and he shrugs before he pulls out a pack of candy.

He shakes the bag making an annoyingly loud sound. I frown at the abnormal behavior as he starts to head bob his way out of the conversation. I caught his arm before he walked away.

"No. Harry I'm warning you." I tell him and he groans loudly before turning to me. He shoves candy in his mouth and chews enough to form a word.

"Calm down! I have all kinds of security and detail at home that will guard and work the party. Besides I have you, right? You think you can keep me alive long enough to have a little fun? A little normal fun?" He pleads.

I didn't want to say yes because just like before when I caved into his wishes we had a situation to deal with that is causing us to leave California in the first place. If I cave into this while his stupid general friend is there surrounded by drunken teens and loud music m, the same is liable to happen.

"I have to help you plan this said party and I want full control of your security team." I say stating my negotiations. I watch Harry slowly beam like a little kid.

"Oh hell yes! We're going to have the best fucking party in the world." He says grabbing my arm and  pulling me into a hug where he wrapped his arms around mine making me stand stiff as he buried his face I my chest.

Part of me didn't mind he was hugging me but I had to push him off because I seen Amanda looking at me with a smirk taking her wristwatch reminding me we need to make the plane.

Stupid Amanda always trying to prove points.

Harry finally let's go before he smiles at me and then turns to walk down the elevator singing Sunshine passing Amanda who still had her notebook and pen out.

"I believe that is the definition of falling for him." She says holding the book to her chest before her snarky attitude dropped.

"Oh shut up." I say gesturing she walk ahead of me before she turned swiftly and followed Harry down the aisle.

.

.

.

It had been hours since that morning and we had already been in the plane for hours now. We had maybe 30 minutes left before we landed and I surprisingly had been sleep the entire time.