Chapter 23

Chapter twenty-three

I woke up on the floor laying in Harry's lap. My back laid on top of his leg and my head laid against Liam's thigh. Liam's body was between the nightstand and bed while Harry laid against the windows with his arms across his chest. I slowly sit up from my position wiping my eyes feeling how tender they were from how swollen they were.

I wince at the pain before I sit all the way up seeing Harry and Liam look completely exhausted. I sigh before I ruffle my hands through my hair and stand up without moving them. I walk over to my mirror by the bathroom and examine myself.

I didn't look too bad and my eyes weren't too swollen. I looked at my hair and realized I may need to wash it and bleach it again.

I yawn before I turn to my closet and seen it still had our luggage inside packed still. I rummage through them a get my belongings to take a much needed shower. I wash my hair and groom myself before getting dressed and heading to the living room.

Once I got there I checked the time to see it was still 10 minutes before sunrise and I decided to go to the department store to buy a new security system.

It never fails. Everytime I relocate Harry I have to buy new cameras.

Luckily I got to keep my laptop.

I grab the keys to my motorcycle and headed out.

I sped through the empty streets until I reached the store. The fresh air helped me feel more at ease and the crisp coolness most likely helped with the swelling. I stopped and grabbed a coffee before going in.

I found myself in the tech aisle looking for the brand I use that was updated with all my gadgets when I heard a voice behind me.

"Are you finding everything well sir?" I hear a raspy voice. Part of me wanted to ignore her but her voice sounded a bit familiar.

"Uh no-" I say turning to make eye contact and standing in front of me was a frail older woman with pale wrinkly skin, a grey short cut and the cutest smile.

Did I know her?

"I'm fine." I say clearing my throat before coughing a bit before sniffling and turning away.

"Is that a cold you got?" She asks me and walks up to me peering at me and inspecting me.

"No- n- can you back up?" I ask nervously as the woman inspects me. She walks around me lightly touching me as I wince in pain.

"You're getting sick." She observes finally stepping back after violating me completely. I frown and sigh.

After last night I did feel pretty bad. My body was sore and I had a bit of a chill. I doubt anything is really wrong. I never get sick.

She then comes up to me and places her hand over my forehead and my cheeks before she shakes her head.

"You're coming down with a cold. Come with me and I'll give you something." She says.

I don't know why I felt compelled to follow her even though I didn't know her but I just did anyway. I followed her to the medicine aisle after throwing miscellaneous cameras in my basket.

Once we get there she picks up some cold medicine and passes it to me with a smile. "That should knock you out and when you wake up you'll feel better." She says and I examine the meds before throwing them in my basket.

"Thank you." I smile before I go to turn away.

"Wait!" She yells and I freeze before I felt my mind shift.