Chapter 16

Chapter sixteen
TW: Self Harm

It was the next morning and no one has heard from Harry in hours. Liam has noticed he hasn't left his room since I left his room so we just assumed he's been in there all this time. I couldn't complain because it made my job easier. I also couldn't help but think about what happened.

I thought Harry was this self absorbed, douche bag and he really was a big softie with mental health issues. I mean it makes sense. I have abandonment issues and depression like no other. But I've been able to recognize that and help myself. I've been practicing healthy coping skills.

But Harry wasn't like me. He had to grow up and become ruthless at a young age. He's been smothered by his parents but practically ignored. His family's business apparently came before his happiness.

I sat at the island eating my usual black coffee and bagel watching Safaa and Liam play an intense game of checkers while making small talk with them.

"Have you checked on your boyfriend lately?" Liam says concentrating on the board not taking his eyes off of it.

"Not this morning. I'll probably take him some fruit." I say and he nods.

"If you want, I'll cut the fruit if you make him some juice." Safaa says also not looking up from the board.

I roll my eyes at them seeing they weren't even really paying attention.

"No don't worry I got it." I say and Safaa's dainty hand waves me off nodding oblivious to what I was asking.

I sigh before grabbing the bowl of various cut up fruit before I grabbing a small carton of juice and head out the kitchen. It wasn't long before I was up the stairs and in the hall outside Harry's bedroom. I take a deep breath and knock on the door.

"Go away." I hear a soft voice say before I roll my eyes. I open the door anyway and Harry was laying on the floor next to his bed on his rug underneath his comforter.

"Hey, weirdo. I need you to get up and eat this." I say nudging him with my foot before squating down to his level. He removes the blanket from his head looking up to see me with a bowl.

I see him sort of smile making me feel glad I came up here. He sits up from the ground and takes the bowl from my hands as I held his juice in my hand and sitting cross cross in front of him.

"Thanks." He says quietly.

We just sat there for awhile on the ground, sitting in silence and looking around other ways. But I was thinking hard about how I was going to ask Harry if he needed any help. Or if he wanted to talk. I'm scared to say the wrong thing. I don't want to scare him off. I don't want him to hate me

"How's everyone?" He asks interrupting my train of thought.

"Oh- Uh they're fine. Safaa has been compliant. She feels at home in a way. Her and Liam have been bonding. We've all just been worried about you." I tell him and he nods chewing on a strawberry.

"They don't care about me." He grumbles before chuckling.

"Yes we do. We've been worried sick. I've been worried sick." I snap looking at him making him look wide eyed at me.

"You've been worried? Oh because you seen my cuts? You don't know anything about me!" He snaps back and I frown.

"Especially since I seen your cuts. Harry I don't know you but I care enough to want help for you. You can't do these things. You can't get angry at your body from things that are going on in your mind." I say and he frowns looking to the ground.