Chapter 10

Don't be confused. I'm typing in third person in the beginning hopefully you understand as you read on.

Chapter ten

"Mommy? I'm hungry." The younger boy said clutching his stomach. His clothes irritated his fair skin and his face was dirty from the mud he played in yesterday.

His mother sat at the table, drunk and practically passed out. She was so wasted that her own child looked like a vision. A watery vision that almost didn't seem real.

"Mommy!" He yells at her. The cries infuriated her. They made her angry to the point where she stood to her feet holding the table for support. She walks past the boy stumbling and holding her hands out trying to stabilize herself. She bumps into the boy hard forcing him to fall on his bottom and break out into cries.

"Stay out of my way!" She screams at the boy. He just sits in pain as his blue eyes filled with tears. He didn't waste time watching his mum stumble to the steps and away from him.

He leans on his front arms and pushed himself up before fully standing on his feet. He stopped sobbing to waddle to his brothers room. His tiny body was too short to reach and touch the door handle. He just knocked instead.

"Gweg! I'm hungry. Pwease open the door." He pleads with his brother. As usual his brother ignored him and every whine the boy gave him.

Sooner or later he gave up and waddle back to the kitchen on his own. He walks to the big closet door and uses the step stool to reach the door knob. He opens it to see the almost empty pantry. He reaches up and pulls down a bag of bread.

He wasted no time in sitting at the bottom of the pantry floor and tearing through the plastic wrapping and eating the bread slice by slice.

His was soon content with his dinner and fell asleep in the pantry with bread basically hanging out his mouth.

.

.

.

Sooner or later I woke up. My body jolted forward as I choked on my own spit. My chest heaved up and down as I tried to catch my breath. My eyes burned as I fought off tears and choked on sobs.

"Fuck." I groan out fisting the comforter set in the bed that the styles assigned to me next to Harry in his house. I look around checking my surroundings before I realized I was alone.

Like always.

I held my hands up to my face and let out hushed sobs as the tears fell from my eyes. This is what I meant when I said I was fucked up. I was still dealing with issues from my childhood that hardened me for the worst. Now I kill people and for what? I have built up animosity towards my family that I never had.

After I finished with my mental breakdown I checked the time and seen it was an hour before it was time for me to wake up. I got up anyway and pulled on the robe Harry gave me before I headed out my room. It was quiet and still as expected.

I headed to the kitchen to make me a small snack to sit in bed and eat. I rummaged through the food until I heard footsteps approaching. I quickly turned around to see Harry rubbing his eyes with bed head and grey sweat pants.

"Can't sleep?" He asks and I look down at the granola bar in my hand. I hold it up putting on a slight smile.

"Nah. Just hungry." I say and I immediately regretted it. My weak voice gave it away that I had been crying.