Chapter 15

Chapter fifteen
(Yes I intentionally skipped chapter 13)

I laid in the master bed room which essentially was my room, in the huge king sized bed. I laid there meditating considering my posture was straight a knife and I really didn't feel like sitting up.

I was trying to calm myself after that episode downstairs from arguing with a child. I must admit I do work for a mafia brat but I don't feel like I have to follow through with his plans. My job is to make sure he doesn't get harmed or worse, die.

I've never been the kind to kill for fun. It's always been an assignment and I quite frankly don't want to have anymore kills on my record because criminals are at war here.

I breathed in and out clearing my mind of what just happened which was rudely interrupted.

"Amanda! I can't find any of my soft underwear and I know I told you to pack some!" I hear Harry yell passing my door as I shove a pillow over my ears and growl to myself.

He was even interrupting my meditation efforts. How could I like some one who is so infuriating? I couldn't possibly date him. Not that I'm thinking that far into a simple crush, I just wouldn't understand how the hell would it work. Even Amanda told me it's a game of survival. Harry is twisted and maybe it's for the best if I don't fall for him.

I sigh out loud from my thoughts. I knew my heart couldn't take just forgetting him completely. I mean how could I? I'm in his face all the time. I literally have to be around him. It's my job.

"Amanda! Why are you ignoring me?" I hear him say again and I finally just get up. It was annoying me that he couldn't tell Amanda left.

I walk out into the hall to catch him storming down the hall which forced him to bump straight into me sending me stumbling back a bit.

The harsh impact made me curse under my breath before I looked up to see Harry pushing his hair out of his face.

"Oh great. It's you. You should watch where the fuck you're going." He curses crossing his arms.

"You should really get a haircut." I roll my eyes lying. I actually loved his hair and hoped he kept it that length.

He gasps. "God I don't have time for you right now! Where's Amanda?" He asks impatiently clutching his fist with evident anger in his stance.

"Amanda left. She realized how much of an ass you were and fucking left you." I say and lean my back against the wall turning my nose up at him.

"Wait what?" He says with his voice getting softer. I turn to look at him only to see his body a lot less tense and he had a look of sadness on his face.

He looked hurt.

"Did she really leave? Did she quit?" He asks and his voice seemed shaky. He actually seemed upset.

I stand alert searching for ways to cheer him up.

"Well she left earlier. She seemed angry and she kind of left without taking anything with her. Maybe she just needed a break." I say shrugging.

"No. Amanda has never left my side since I was 16." He says as he looks to ground with a sense of loss in his eyes. He seemed like he just lost his world.