Chapter 17

Chapter seventeen

It was maybe two weeks after the fact and I was still dodging telling Harry how I felt about him. I was terrified he'd shoot me down considering he never really showed direct interest in me.

I mean he'd flirt with me but he's naturally a flirty guy. He flirts with Liam and jokingly with Safaa. Although I honestly think Liam has the hots for Safaa. I just didn't know how to do it.

I couldn't do it during yoga because he was to focused on Liam being a jackass and making fun of it. I could do it while we were painting because he listens to music during it. I couldn't even hint it in the middle of the Mansa meetings because it was supposed to be strictly business.

I was becoming hopeless. Harry will never know I want to be with him. I'll forever be lonely.

Even right now I was thinking heavily about how to come out to Harry. I was actually glad because I had to tune Liam out while I tested the cameras and motion detectors outside the penthouse. Mainly on the balconies and hallways surrounding us.

"We look so tiny on this screen." Liam says squeezing our bodies on the screen of my iPad while making unnecessary noises.

"Stop playing for one second." I ask before standing on a ladder to reposition a camera and then stepping down checking my own view on a laptop.

"One last angle and then I think we should be squared away." I say grabbing the ladder and gesturing Liam to walk with me to the last stop in the outside balcony in the hall.

While I position the camera Liam makes sure you could see from all angles of any intruders before I carefully stepped down. Once we got back inside I sigh thanking every god that we were finished.

"It's amazing that you do all of this for Harry." He says and I check all cameras one last time.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's my job." I groan not really paying attention to him.

"Is it your job or is it because you're in love with him?" He asks making me stop in the middle of the hall.

"Hey! I never said I was in love with him." I snap, scowling at him and he hold his hands up laughing at my reaction.

"Calm down. I know you didn't. It's just god awfully obvious." He says and then cackles. "For bloody sakes man! You are so protective of him and you blame it on your job when in reality, it's you who's afraid to lose him." He states before I turn and glare at him.

"Liam, I'm just doing my job. Besides what's wrong with not wanting to lose him? I think his parents would have my head on a platter for dinner if I let anyone get to him." I sigh continuing our walk back to the penthouse.

"Yeah they would. They'd probably eat you." He shivers before catching up to my side.

"Yeah. So let's keep that in mind for when they get here. So no acting like a goofball and don't be making google eyes at Safaa." I say pointing my finger at him as we approach the door.

"Yes sir." He says saluting me before I sigh and roll my eyes.

He seriously won't survive today.

His parents were coming to town to check on him and basically figure out any information about the  Mansa family and I was going to get their blessing to be Harry's permanent body guard.

We walk into the penthouse and Liam locks up after us before we enter the living room from the hall to see Safaa asleep on the couch and Harry meditating.