Ball Proposals • Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Y/n's P.O.V

"Did you see that?" he turned to look at his friends.

"See what?" Hermione asked confused "Nevermind." He turned back around to continue doing his work. Maybe he'll ask y/n, he thought.

My dad hit them again, guess they were talking.

I heard Ron attempt to talk to Hermione, but she left angrily.

I felt bad for the girl. Being friends with only guys has its ups but also downs. "I'll be back." I told the group before getting up to follow her. I followed the sound of footsteps storming away.

They stopped.

I kept on walking and saw Hermione sitting on the edge of a wall with her knees up to her chest. "Hey are you okay?" I asked softly, moving to sit next to her. "What could you possibly want right now?" she replied annoyed looking up.

Her eyes were teary.

"I saw you storm off. I was just wondering if you were okay.." I told the girl scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Oh I'm sorry. I guess, boys will be boys." she said moving to lean her back against the wall. "Trust me boys are jerks." I tried comforting her.

"Do you like him?" I asked nervously.

"What?!?!" she said loudly. "Sorry it was just a question" I said putting my hands up in defense. "Ugh I think you're right though." she said groaning.

"He likes you too, well at least it looks like it. Boys are just a little slow." I told her with a small giggle.

Making her laugh and nod as well.

"Well I better get back before they start wondering where I went off to?" I told the girl patting her back softly as I got up walking back to the hall.

I walked in quietly trying my best not to drag attention to myself.

I found my seat and started to work again. "Hey where did you go?" Emaline asked me, confused. "Just to the restroom" I replied trying to play it off.

*

I couldn't help but daydream for the rest of the class period.

I couldn't wait for the ball.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by someone whisper shouting my name. "Y/n!" I turned to see Ron calling me over. I looked at him with a smile before walking towards him.

"Hey Ron." I said moving in front of him. "Hey Y/n, I wanted to ask you about something." He told me running a hand through his hair.

"Yes?"

"Doyouwanttogototheyuleballwithme?" he yelled in my face causing me to look at him as if he was insane.

He looked at my expression and ran. A few girls saw him and chased after him.

Them being Ginny and some of her friends.

*

"It's okay Ron. It doesn't matter." Ginny comforted the boy walking him inside the common room.

"What happened to you?" Harry asked as him and Hermione walked to the boy. "He just asked Y/n Snape out to the ball." Ginny said as Ron held a frightened face.

"What?" Hermione said shocked.

"What did she say?" Harry asked leaning to the boys level. "No, of course." Hermione scoffed but Ron just shook his head.

"She said yes." Hermione said shocked.

"Don't be silly" he said shutting his eyes. "There she was...walking by. You know how I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it, it just sort of slipped out." he stared into blank space.

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening." Ginny corrected.

"And what did you do then?" Harry asked softly. "What else? I ran for it." he mumbled.

"Never gave the poor girl a chance to answer." one of the other girls replied. "I don't know what got into me" he shivered.

*

"Whats up with you?" Em said laughing at my face as I walked into the slytherin common room.

"I just got asked out to the ball" I said my face still wide with shock. "Ohhh was it romantic? Did you say yes?" she asked jumping up and down. "He kind of screamed in my face and uh never gave me time to answer." I said laughing slightly.

"Oh boy how much you wanna bet it was Ron" she giggled.

"He is cute though" I told the girl with a giggle. "Who's cute?" Draco asked as he walked in the room followed by Blaise.

"Why do you always walk in on the worst moments" Em told the boy with a sigh.

"It's a talent" he smirked before heading off into his dorm.

"I hope Draco asks me.." I whispered.

"What?" Emaline looked at me wide eyed. "Nothing" "You want Malfoy out of all people." she looked at me as if I was insane. "Yes, I swear sometimes I think I'm going mad for him." I groaned.

"Oh sweetheart. He kind of already asked Pansy." she said moving to sit next to me.

"What?! Who the hell is that?" I asked shocked.

"Pansy Parkinson. She literally drools over the boy, how have you not noticed?" she said shaking her head.

"I was too busy doing the same thing." I told myself quietly.

I hope you guys liked this part! 🤍
Leave a comment & vote!