Battle of Hogwarts III • Chapter 54

Chapter Fifty-Four

Y/n's P.O.V

"Guys we won't be safe for long if we don't leave like right now." Emaline told us. "Thanks for ruining the moment." I replied, rolling my eyes playfully.

"She's right come on." Draco told me seriously.

"Let me just check how my dad is doing." I told the group as I tugged on my necklace.

*

The color of the chain switched from gold to silver.

"So where is he?" Emaline asked moving next to me. I opened the locket to see him in a small room.

I had no idea where it was. It sounded like he was talking to someone.

I felt my blood run cold once I heard the other person's voice. "Is that?" Draco gulped.

I nodded slowly as the three crowded around me watching what was happening.

"What does he want with my dad though?" I whispered.

"The wand resists me" Voldemort said. "There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself has said it. Tonight, when the boy comes, it will not fail you. I am sure of it. It answers to you and you only." my dad argued.

"Does it?" Voldemort asked. "This doesn't sound good." Blaise admitted.

"Does the wand truly answer to me? You're a clever man Severus. Where does its true loyalty lie?" Thoughts filled my head as I tried to figure out what was happening.

The wand. The elder wand.

Why doesn't it work for him? "Do any of you know anything about the elder wand?" I asked. The group shook their heads no. I sighed.

"Wait doesn't each wand belong to a specific person, maybe it belonged to Dumbledore." Emaline suggested. "That does make sense, but he's dead. So that means..."

"The wand has changed it's ownership." Draco answered.

"So does it belong to your dad considering he is the one who killed Dumbledore?" Blaise asked.

"No that wouldn't make any sense, It has to belong to the person who changed its ownership not killed its owner." I said shaking my head.

"So that means it belongs to..." Emaline started. "Me." Draco's eyes widened.

"More like it did?" I told them now finally figuring everything out.

"Huh?" Emaline asked confused. "Harry snatched the wands from you at the Malfoy Manor, remember Draco? That can't mean nothing, can it?" I said rubbing my head now getting confused with all the new information.

"That doesn't matter right now. All that matters is that this conversation Snape and Voldemort are having sounds like Voldemort is thinking that Snape is the owner of the wand because he killed Dumbledore." Blaise said snapping us all out of our thoughts.

"And that means..."

"He is going to kill my dad." My eyes widen as the words leave my mouth.

Draco, Emaline, Blaise, and I look around for a second before standing up and running quickly.

"Y/n slow down." Emaline called after me. I ignored her, running past the witches and wizards that were fighting before us.

"Where the hell is that place?" I though to myself as I seemed to be running in no place in particular. I looked at the locket again.

It was a small place outside of Hogwarts it had to be.

"Look over here!" Blaise yelled. We turned to see a passageway leading towards a small building.

We ran over quickly and hid behind the wall. I didn't notice it before but I felt hot tears rolling down my face. I quickly wiped them and I reached forward to look into a window.

I was pulled back down as quick as I went up.

"Are you insane? They could see you!" Draco hissed quietly. "We have to make sure its them." I answered back.

I reached back up to look and saw the two talking. "But only I can live forever." Voldemort said as he pointed his wand at my dad. "No" I whispered quietly.

"My lord." with one flick my dad was down. I tried to get up to move but I was held down by Blaise and Draco.

"Let me go!" I spat. "Y/n stop." Blaise warned.

"Nagini kill." Voldemort spoke. "N-" I was about to scream but felt a hand pull my waist in and other clasp over my mouth.

The snake jumped towards my dad. I felt myself get lightheaded as I continued to sob into my boyfriends arms. This can't be happening.

"He's gone." Emaline stuttered as her eyes weld up with tears.

I pushed Draco off of me and ran inside. "Looks like we weren't the only ones hiding." Blaise coughed as Harry, Hermione, and Ron ran in. "Dad!" I yelled running over to him. "Y/n." he whispered.

"You're okay. You're gonna be okay!" I tried to convince myself as I told him with tears streaking down my face.

I place a hand on his neck trying my best to stop the bleeding.

"Take them. Take them." my dad turned to Harry as tears rolled down his face. Hermione tossed him a bottle and Harry collected them.

"Take them to the pensieve." Harry nodded, looking at me with sympathy. "No it's not going to end like this it can't." my voice cracked.

"Look at me." he told me seriously. I turned to him. With all the energy he had he lifted up his hand and wiped the tears off of my face. "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." he whispered before giving me a weak smile.

"You can tell me that later dad when you're all better." I smiled through the tears.

I turned to see Ron engulf me in a hug. "You'll be okay, I promise." he whispered.

"We should go." Harry coughed, looking down. The other two nodded before running off. My dad's eyes started to close.

"Wait, I got something!" I heard Emaline yell.

I hate to leave you guys on a cliffhanger😼
Thank you for all the support! We are almost at 100k, and it's all thanks to you! Don't forget to leave a comment and a vote! 🤍