Year Six • Chapter 31

Chapter Thirty-One

Y/n's P.O.V

"You'll write to me, right?" I asked Draco. "As long as you do the same." he grinned as I leaned my head on the boys shoulder.

*

Did he write to me all summer?

Not even once.

I sent him countless letters but never got any in return. I heard the door open in my house and I looked down the stairs. I saw my dad reading a newspaper but quickly put it away as two ladies showed up.

"You can't be here! My daughter is just up stairs." he hissed.

"Dad who's here?" I asked as I walked down the stairs.

I gasped seeing who it was. "Thats-" "Nice to see you again too, darling." Bellatrix smirked. "Dad what are they doing here!" I yelled. I looked at the second woman and she looked familiar but I couldn't pin point exactly who she was.

"We will talk later Y/n." he told me calmly.

"No she tried to kill me last school year." I growled. "She what? When? How?" he asked confused. "You're daughter went to the ministry with Potter." she spoke touching the books on the shelves. "Y/n." he looked at me sternly.

"She's a death eater!" I shouted. "So what? Your dad is too anyway." she giggled.

I stared at him in shock. "You're a what?" I asked stepping back towards the door. "No Y/n listen.." he walked towards me.

"Get away from me." I pulled out my wand pointing it at him.

"Y/n" he sighed. "Who are you?" I asked with tears pricking in my eyes. The second lady looked saddened and that's when it hit me. "Your Draco's mom?" I asked. She nodded. "Is he-?" "Yes, he's safe sweetheart." she answered.

"Y/n please go to your room, we can talk about this later." my dad told me.

"What is there to talk about? How you lied to me my whole life." I spat. This explains why he was never home. Why he left all the time. Why he never told me where he went off to.

I shook my head not knowing what to do.

Should I leave? Should I let him explain?

I had nowhere else to go so I ran back upstairs, slamming my door.

I leaned my ear against the door.

"I can't change the dark lords mind, but it might be possible for me to help Draco." my dad said. I covered my mouth with my hand.

Draco. No.

Once they left I ran back down stairs. "Y/n let me.." "Go...Explain!" I hissed.

He pulled me aside leading me into a quiet space, as he looked around. "Dumbledore's orders." That's all he said, I looked into his eyes for any sort of tell that he was lying but there was none.

"Why?" I asked. "I had to." he replied. "You're scaring me." I backed away looking down.

"I'm still your father Y/n, I've only had to do this because he asked me to. Don't tell anyone, understand?" he explained strictly. I nodded. "Is Draco going to be okay?" I asked him.

"As long as I'm alive yes." he replied before walking away, leaving me shocked, scared, basically every emotion all in one.

And I thought last year was intense.

*

I walked quietly to the Slytherin compartment of the train.

I finally found my three friends sitting at a booth. Over the summer I wrote to Blaise and Emaline.

They basically won over my forgiveness sending me chocolate frogs and letters that made me want to throw up. (literally I wasn't one for lovey dovey things if you couldn't tell)

I sat down quietly and no one spoke a word. "How was your summer Y/n?" Emaline asked. "Could have been better." I sighed, aiming my words to the blonde hair boy beside me, subtly. She nodded.

"What's that?" I coughed as a black smoke spread through the air. "I have no idea." Draco spoke standing up, and looking around.

"Come on Draco, it's cleared up. Sit down." I told the boy. He nodded coming back.

"Hogwarts. What a pathetic excuse for a school." he spat. I looked at him surprised.

"I think I'd pitch myself off of the astronomy tower before I continue for another two years."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I replied. "Let's just say I don't see my self wasting my time in charm's class next year." he looked out the window. Blaise chuckled.

"Amused, Blaise? We'll see whos just laughing in the end." He glared. "Draco seriously stop." I argued. He looked up and shook his head.

*

We got up as the train stopped.

"Are you coming?" I asked. "Wait til everyone gets off." he stopped us.

We nodded sitting back down. Soon everyone got off and Draco stood up walking over to the door and closing it.

"What are you doing Draco?" Blaise asked. He pulled the curtains down. "Draco-" I started.

"Didn't mommy ever tell you it was rude to ease drop, Potter?" He spat.

Pottah!😏
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
Leave a comment/vote!🤍